• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean from an earlier installation

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an earlier installation of Photoshop Elements 2022 bought as an Microsoft app that I suspect creating problems that I have with a new installation of the same program from Adobe. How can I clean everything from the previous installation from my laptop to be able to install the software again hopefully without problems?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstalling via Windows, use the Cloud Cleaner tool. Then reboot.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions for the Adobe Cloud Cleaner Tool in the link provided by John are incomplete for Elements.  When you get to the first list of programs to delete, there will be no entry for Elements 2022.  You therefore have to choose the (scary) entry #1 - All.  A new dialog should then show up with an entry for Elements 2022 and you can then choose the appropriate listed key.

Added:  I'm basing this information on a regular Adobe-purchased installation.  I assume the Cleaner Tool will work in the same way for a Microsoft Store purchase (but maybe not).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Tried the cleaning tool and started with #1. Came to this list but I can´t find Elements. Shall i chooze all?

Nabbis_0-1642442548978.png

I´m have windows 11 Pro 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm . . . I don't think I've ever seen it quite like that before.  But based on that screen, it seems that Elements is the only Adobe product you have installed.  (The Creative Cloud app is part of the Elements installation.)  If that is the case, then I can see no harm in using the option to Clear All.  It will probably open another dialog asking you to confirm either the instruction or the Elements version to clean.

In the event this doesn't work, I think it is a Microsoft issue.  There are some troubleshooters for this situation.  Take a look at the information in this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you have removed the application installed from Microsoft Store, then it will also remove all the files and will be a clean uninstall.

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines