• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context menu not available

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 19 on Win 10. My mouse (Logitech Wireless) is not fully functional: the context menu with the right-hand mouse click is not available. The mouse is functional in other apps. In addition, I'm unable to use the PSE menu with the mouse, items may be selected, but do not expand. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Rik

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Clicked the Restore button and everything was hunky dory.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the taskbar set to auto-hide in Windows?  If so, turn off the autohide. 

Otherwise, have the program menus worked properly in the past?  If so, try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Greg. Autohide is off and I can't get to the Preferences because the menu items (including Edit) don't expand. Any other way to reset Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyboard shortcut Ctrl+K should bring up the Preferences>General dialog where you can click on

Reset Preferences on Next Launch, then click Ok and press Ctrl+Q to quit photoshop elements.

Screenshot-(562).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. I should have been more clear. To me, Photoshop Elements is almost synonymous with the Organizer, I use the Editor only occasionally. My mouse issue occurs in the Organizer only, in the Editor everything is as it should be. Would you suggest a full uninstall/reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a keyboard shortcut to access the backup menu? My mouse does not work in the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicked the Restore button and everything was hunky dory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. I realise this was ages ago but I have the exact same problem. Which Restore button are you referring to? Where do I find it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines