• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste in Photoshop Elements 2021

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm a new user of Ps Elements 2021 (Windows). I'm unable to copy and paste.

I have tried using the rectangular selection tool and also other tools, combined with hot keys or the drop-down menu method of copying (which is usually greyed out). I sometimes get an error message telling me "no pixels are selected" even though I can see a selection on the screen (but not marching ants - haven't worked out how I'd get those). Any tips?

I have my layers on autoselect so I don't think it's a layer related issue.

For background: I'm trying to paste PNG images into another file. The files were provided as part of a design course. My fellow students have been copying and pasting these same images in photoshop without any problems, so I must be doing something wrong!

Thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop Elements forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Open the donor file

2. Go to Select>all

3. Go to Edit>copy

4. Open the recipent file

5. Go to Edit>paste

If you wish to select only an object in the donor file, use one of the selection tools, e.g. lasso tool, selection brush, for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines