• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Costco special edition elements 12 serial number

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We purchased Photoshop Elements 12 several years ago from Costco and never used it. Now we're trying to load it and can't find the serial number. It looks like it was a common problem at the time. Are there any answers? Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Contact Customer Care​

They would help you in resolving this query.

Thanks,
Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that and they couldn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually the more recent Costco versions came with a 24 digit (letters and numbers) Redemption Code on a card inside the box.

Then you go to https://redeem.licenses.adobe.com/getserial enter that code and get the 24 digit serial (just numbers starting with 1057).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have purchased the boxed version with disk the serial number is usually inside, either on the white cardboard inner box or on the disk wrapper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost my photoshop elements 12 after I had to reinstall windows. I had purchased it at Costco. It would not reinstall and said that the serial number i had was invalid.  The only S/N i had was on the barcode sticker.

I  contacted adobe via chat. First of all, you will wait about 45 mins to connect. It said I was 4th in line with a 7 minute wait. That was a long 7 minutes.   I chatted w/Deepak and gave him/her the only numbers on the box on the barcode sticker.  According to Deepak, those were not the right numbers.  I kept all of the original contents of the box and there was never a S/N other than the one on the barcode sticker.  Deepak said to take it back to Costco.  So there you go, don't waste your time chatting w/someone from a call center in India who does not give a crap about you.

I searched and could not find a customer support  telephone number on the adobe website, but Deepak gave me (800) 833-6687.  The recording told me a 1 minute wait..i'm still on hold after 12 minutes...what a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to loast me serial number for PE12 but my purchase was from Ebay. When i made the purchase i was sent a page with all the info i needed, i downloaded it from Adobe and it all worked well.

I contated Adobe and they talked me all through setting it up so they knewwhere i bought it from and there was no problem.

I had a hard drive failure and lost the info though i did still have the install file. I contacted Adobe (the name Deepak does ring a bell) and they just did not want to know!!!

I have put in a request with ebay for details of back order (they only show three years online) and i'm awaiting a reply from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look in your Adobe account. If you registered the product at the time of purchase, the serial number should be available. If not and you wish to use the program,  purchase of the latest version is in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option might be to check your email account (presuming you still use the same email as you did at the time of purchase), as you probably received your serial number via email from the eBay seller.

My only concern is that there were a lot of eBay sellers around that time who were incorrectly distributing Volume License serial numbers. Adobe subsequently revoked those serial numbers so you may find that even if you do track the serial number down, it may no longer be valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The software is 8 years old, if it were me:  I'd toss the disc into the garbage, and just get the latest version.  Chalk it up to experience.       Ive bought some ancient software of of ebay for $5, though it would be cool if it would work--- it was quite evident it would not.... I used it for a christmas tree ornament that year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines