• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

de-install PSE 2022

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed PSE V2022. Still have V13 active and the files were automatically imported in V2022. Sofa sogood. Now I made mistakes in re-arranging the files and want to have back the V13 structure. Can I without problems de-install 2022, install it again so that the v13 strucute is again automatically imported in V2022? Does de-installation also delete the pictures?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

If I understand well, when you installed PSE2022, you agreed to the 'conversion' of the PSE13 catalog into the new database format. That conversion does not delete nor overwrite the PSE13 catalog, it only creates a new one for PSE2022. If you made errors in changing the catalog structure, you only have to 'convert' again the old PSE13 catalog. Its folder will have been renamed with a -1 suffix. Be sure to look at the conversion options in the bottom and verify that 'show previously converted fil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Hi,

Uninstallation does not delete any pictures. However, you do not need to uninstall version 2022.

To get the version 13 structure of your catalog into 2022, you need to 'convert' your version 13 catalog to version 2022. To do this please read the 'Use (convert) a catalog of a previous version' section of this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/using/creating-editing-catalogs.html

If the name of your vesrion 13 catalog was 'My Catalog', a new catalog would be created

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Hello Michel,

It worked as predicted. thank you for your advice.

Kind regards

Dick Sleiffer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand well, when you installed PSE2022, you agreed to the 'conversion' of the PSE13 catalog into the new database format. That conversion does not delete nor overwrite the PSE13 catalog, it only creates a new one for PSE2022. If you made errors in changing the catalog structure, you only have to 'convert' again the old PSE13 catalog. Its folder will have been renamed with a -1 suffix. Be sure to look at the conversion options in the bottom and verify that 'show previously converted files' is checked.

You don't need any de-installation, it's only a catalog updating matter.

Be aware that if you have changed not only the data in the catalog, but also the photo files themselves (renaming, moving, deleting', then you'll get a number of issues with disconnected files. If you have added new files, you may have to import them again from files and folders (already present files in the catalog won't be imported again to prevent duplicates).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Dear Michel,
thank you for your fast reaction. I still have a few questions:
- Do I have to rename first the old PSE13 catalogue, or will PSE2022
automatically find the PSE13 version and rename that with another suffix in
its own database?
- when this second conversion of PSE13 is done, should I then delete the
previously first converted version delete in PSE2022?

Looking forward to your reaction
thanks sofar

--
Kind regards/Vriendelijke groet
Dick Sleiffer
06 107 40 935

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Uninstallation does not delete any pictures. However, you do not need to uninstall version 2022.

To get the version 13 structure of your catalog into 2022, you need to 'convert' your version 13 catalog to version 2022. To do this please read the 'Use (convert) a catalog of a previous version' section of this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/using/creating-editing-catalogs.html

If the name of your vesrion 13 catalog was 'My Catalog', a new catalog would be created with name 'My Catalog 1' for version 2022, which will be exactly same as your version 13 catalog.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michel, I will try coming weekend

--
Vriendelijke groet
Dick Sleiffer
06 107 40 935

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michel,

It worked as predicted. thank you for your advice.

Kind regards

Dick Sleiffer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines