• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling version sets

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get the PSE Editor (2021 version) to stop asking me if I want to save file to a version set?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not wanting to save files as version sets is wanting to overwrite your original file.

Not a recommended good practice, but it's your choice. The menu Edit >>preferences >> General, section 'saving files' lets you choose to save over current file on first save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be clear:  I don't think I have ever been asked (via a popup message) whether I want to save an edited file in a version set.  Are you seeing something different than me?  If so, please provide a screenshot and describe your workflow in more detail.  The option to save a file in a version set is found in the Save As dialog.  If you uncheck the box, the file will simply be saved with a new name and will appear alone in the Media grid (if you have also chosen to Include the file in the Organizer.)  Once you have made your choices in the Save As dialog, they remain sticky and will apply to all future edits until you change the choice(s).  Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.04_20h39m01s_001_.png

The Save File preference mentioned by @MichelBParis provides several different choices too. If you like to live dangerously and don't care whether you accidentally delete the original of an image that you have edited, then by all means change your options there.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.05_15h05m15s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines