• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does the new Elements have black point and vibrance?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My subject line says it all.  Can somone answer please?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Sorry, I got this "black point" thought from it being a regular editing tool on my iPad and my iPhone.  I was unaware of the particulars and had no idea if I could use it in Elements for images from my regular camera.

By @Mentalfloss1

This helps understand your question much better. I don't use Apple devices myself, so I can't help you there. For your editing and printing process with regular cameras I don't think you need to bother with CMYK as nearly all printing solutions for your photos ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

There is a "Black Point" adjustment using Enhance>Adjust Lighting>Levels and Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Levels.

You need to be in the Expert workspace.

https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/levels.htm

You can also set the Blackpoint in camera raw by Shift double clicking the Blacks slider and the Whitepoint by Shift double clicking the Whites slider.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My subject line says it all.  Can somone answer please?

By @Mentalfloss1

The subject line does not say all.

ok for the 'vibrance' question which is available in Elements.

For the 'black point', this has no meaning unless you are working in CMYK for printing on commercial offset solutions. Elements does not support CMYK and it does not need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I got this "black point" thought from it being a regular editing tool on my iPad and my iPhone.  I was unaware of the particulars and had no idea if I could use it in Elements for images from my regular camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Mentalfloss1

This helps understand your question much better. I don't use Apple devices myself, so I can't help you there. For your editing and printing process with regular cameras I don't think you need to bother with CMYK as nearly all printing solutions for your photos are using RGB processes like your cameras or home printers.

Note that there is a dedicated forum for color management where you'll find helpful experts.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/color-management/ct-p/ct-Color-Management?page=1&sort=latest_replies&...

Edit:

An example of a useful discussion covering the use of  "black point compensation" when printing with a CMYK profile:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/color-management-discussions/convert-rgb-gt-cmyk-and-cmyk-gt-rgb/m-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I see another answer from Jeff that I need to read.  I very much appreciate everyone's help.  I am thinking of buying the latest Elements and was looking for an excuse to spend the money.  Adobe thanks you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a "Black Point" adjustment using Enhance>Adjust Lighting>Levels and Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Levels.

You need to be in the Expert workspace.

https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/levels.htm

You can also set the Blackpoint in camera raw by Shift double clicking the Blacks slider and the Whitepoint by Shift double clicking the Whites slider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I very much appreciate everyone's help.  I am thinking of buying the latest Elements and was looking for an excuse to spend the money.  Adobe thanks you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines