• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloaded photos not appearing in Elements Organiser 2018

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop elements 2018 and until last week everything has been fine.  But for no apparent reason when I now download photos from the SD card the photos no longer appear in the organiser. They do appear in windows explorer.

I gathering that it's something quite simple but it's not obvious to me.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Thank you Greg,

I appreciate your help.

Changing the organiser's folder panel to 'view as tree'  and right clicking to import media. did the trick.

Thank you .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you downloading files from the SD card?  Are you using the Adobe Photo Downloader, with the Import>From Camera or Card Reader option?  If the files can be seen in Windows Explorer, what happens if you use the Import>From files and folders option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am using the downloader as you mentioned.

I have also tried importing from the folders and it says files imported but I can't see or find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your main pictures directory.   Look atthe very bottom, below al lthe yellow folders.   Let me know if they are there.2021-09-10_032525.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Glenn, they are in the main pictures directory.

Warren5EBE_0-1631334873701.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing ANY photos in the Organizer?  If not, you may have hidden them from view accidentally by pressing Ctrl+1.  If that is the case, press Ctrl+1 and the photos will reappear.

Are you looking in the Organizer's folder panel?  Make sure you are using the view as tree option.

Snap_2021.09.11_1h22m48s_001.png

If you select a folder that you have just imported, do any images appear?  If not, what happens if you right-click on the folder and select Import Media?

Snap_2021.09.11_1h28m48s_003.png

Try sorting the grid by Import Batch.  Do any of your newly imported files appear at the top of the grid?

Snap_2021.09.11_1h23m46s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Greg,

I appreciate your help.

Changing the organiser's folder panel to 'view as tree'  and right clicking to import media. did the trick.

Thank you .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines