Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Editor not opening with Monterey

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop elements editor not working in Monterey 12.0.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too and haven't found a solution.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please let me know if you find solutions

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Elements are you using?  Adobe is aware of the problem and I believe is working on a fix for Elements 2022.  I doubt whether a fix will be provided for any earlier version.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 elements wont open after monterey 12.0.1 update.

I was getting ready to buy 22 but I won't if it will not be supported in a year!

why wouldn't they just fix earlier versions... i belielve they just need to verify themselves as an identified developer?!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine won't open either.... i beleive adobe just need to make patch verifying the are an identifed developer...this stinks as I'm overseas on holiday and can't open any pics!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My experience is even stranger. I had my computer in the shop for reasons that ultimately resulted in my copied and pasted post from yesterday, 11/21/21. When they checked it initially, there were  no issues with hardware. They reinstalled  after removing everything. Unbeknownst to me until I got it home, they had upgraded the OS to Monterey. PSE21 with the Editor worked just fine. And did so for over a week. But then other continuing issues returned and the post explains the rest. 

Post from yesterday

"After 6 very long months of  cascading issues, Apple finally replaced the logic board in the Mac I bought in April. So when starting up the computer home from the local shop, PSE Editor will not open, Organizer is working fine. Should I delete the ENTIRE PhotoShop Elements21 suite including the Organizer, then download a new copy of PS Elements to have everything work together? Or is there something else I should do instead?"

I now see this is part of a larger issue. Why it worked before with Monterey and why it doesn't now, makes zero sense. Hope Adobe gets on this ASAP...without us having to pay out for PSE22.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines