Editor Workspace won't open

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2021 installed and have been using it but suddenly my Editor Workspace won't  open. Should I uninstall and reinstall?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021
Thank you Bob, believe it or not after 3 hrs of stressing out I decided to try a reboot and that worked. Couldn't believe it.

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system (OS) do you have?    What happens when you click the icon to start the program?

do you see this?

2021-10-04_161933.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the Editor wouldn't open. Anyway I decided to try a reboot and after 3 hrs of stress that worked. Thank you for your reply.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the editor won't opn

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open it from the .exe file in Priogram Files?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob, believe it or not after 3 hrs of stressing out I decided to try a reboot and that worked. Couldn't believe it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes just turning your computer all the way off... getting a cup of coffee, and turning it back on does wonders. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I should have thought of it earlier 😅😧

--

[PII removed by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not close properly the last time you used it. Some or all was left in memory - rebooting your computer cleaned it out. As Glenn said turning off your computer does wonders.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not convenient to have to keep rebooting. Adobe ???

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem.   Rebooting (several times) does not resolve. Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RESOLVED: I un-installed then reinstalled the entire application.  Now it works.  Version 19.0

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people, me included, have problems when attempting to use Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor. It's not us, it's just lousy software that Adobe should have corrected long ago. I for one will never purchase an Adobe product again, and will look for a replacement for Photoshop Elements. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It is not convenient to keep having to reboot the computer. What's more trying to find a technician on Adobe site does not seem to be possible.The automated consultant does not comprehend the problem and there doesn't seem to be any real people there. I was only using the trial version to assess and it did not convince me. Has the making of a very good editing program but support for a problem is nonexistent. Therefore at this stage, I will not be purchasing the full program. There are many others on the market that have SUPPORT

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I restarted my mac, I restarted the program, I restarted my mac etc nothing will make Editor open.  I was looking to upgrade to 2022 but will not be spending that money as I have zero confidence it will work, thanks for nothing Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of your OS do you have isntalled?   

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version. But this is such a stupid question, since so many people have expressed the same problem. The software is flawed.

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got fed up with this software and now use Gimp. Works great, loads fast, and bye bye Adobe. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buh Bye.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines