• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 13 re-installed but will not open Editor Workspace

New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Elements 13 for many years on a former computer, and have just successfully re-installed it on a replacement machine. [I have a valid Adobe account where I can see the original Serial Number.]  The software loads to the familiar "Welcome" splash, and the Organiser part ot the installation does seem to work correctly.

However, when I attempt to open the Editor, the application hangs with "Loading the Elements Editor Workspace" and offers a pop-up asking me to Sign in and enter an Adobe Id to validate the software. This I can do,  of course, and the pop-up reports a successful sign in. However,  when I return to the application it seems  nothing has changed. I can continue this fruitless circle indefinitely.

Could anyone cast any light on this issue? 

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?

Did you install it or migrate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10  - I downloaded it from Adobe through my account and ran Install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install it with an Administrator user account?

Try the following:

• Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 13\
  • Right-click on the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file
  • Select Run as Administrator from the context menu
  • And/or select the Properties of the file and run it in compatibility mode:

Ashampoo Snap 16_Thursday, May 9, 2024_22h20m17s_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sadly, no change though. System still prompts for Adobe Id, accepts input of my email and password, tells me I'm now logged it and that I should close the panel and continue where I left off.. System then prompts me to accept the software licence, which I do, but then leaves me exactly where I was., with no options but to repeat the whole loop. 

Thanks again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Walter37289907zx2v , sorry you can't activate Photoshop Elements 13. Please make sure you are using a modern and up-to-date operating system to contact Adobe's servers. You can find several solutions to allow the computer to see our servers at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/unable-to-reach-adobe-servers.html and https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/common-network-connectivity-issues.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to ping @Jeff A Wright, an Adobe employee who may be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines