• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 20.0 menu frozen

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have elements 2022 installed on Windows 11.  Recently in Organizer all the menu items along the top are frozen and do not drop down when I click on them.  The program is unuseable at this point.

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Taskbar set to Automatically Hide? If so, try disabling it.

Try resetting the preferences file. Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

Otherwise, try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no good news here.  I emailed support and at first they answered.  But than they just ignored my emails.  So I uninstalled and reinstalled elements  and the problem persists - if I click on any menu item at the top of the screen, no drop down happens.  This is really frustrating working with no support from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you actually emailed to Adobe support?  You may have been scammed if you responded to a private message giving a bogus email address.  Any official support communication will come from an @Deleted User address.

You haven't indicated whether your Taskbar is set to automatically hide. 

What is the pixel resolution of your monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I misunderstood your question and was thinking that you were calling the Organizer menu the "Taskbar" rather than the Windows 11 Taskbar.  In any case, I called Adobe help and refreshingly did not have to wait very long.  Yes my taskbar was set to automatically hide and when I unchecked that taskbar choice, the menu items in Elements Organizer magically started to work again.  Evidently, there probably was an upgrade to windows 11 that Organizer didn't like, so hopefully that will be fixed in the future.  In any case, I suspect from your question that you knew the remedy to my problem.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines