• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2021 will not open on Mac OS Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used previous versions of Elements Editor for many years and recently upgraded to Elements 2021. I'm using a Macbook Pro with OSMontery and Elements Editor 2021 will not open after shutdown. I can open the Dashboard but Editor will not start up. The icon bounces up and down in the dock until I force quit to stop it bouncing. I've tried reloadong Elements, restarting my Mac (which helps in one out of four tries), and it's totally frustrating to go through all this trouble trying to open Elements Editor 2021 hoping it will open...or not.  

Doees anybody know if Adobe are aware of this issue and are they working on a fix, or is ther something I can do myself to fix.

Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update Monterey (to 12.1?).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg but I already have Monterey 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Greg, I just checked and an update 12.1 is available so I'll download now and hope it fixes my issue. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update Monterey again to 12.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your replies. I have upgraded to Monterey 12.1 and it did not help my issues with opening Elements Editor. If I shut down my laptop I can not rely on PSE Editor opening when I need it. As I said earlier the Organizer Dashboard will always open all of the time but very often when I click the Editor icon it just bounces up and down in my dock for several minutes. I have to force quit, restart my Mac once, twice, or more, and I can eventually open the Editor. If I keep Elements open, and sleeping in my dock, it opens every time. Unfortunately there are always times when I need to shut down my Mac and then it's touch and go whether the PSE Editor opens without the frustrating rebooting of my Mac to get it open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines