• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2022 won't email photos

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Elements 2022 and tried to configure my email client to work with my Microsoft account.  Adobe Elements is unable to "validate" my account even though I am 100% sure of the email address and password I've entered.  I previously had Elements 2018 and didn't have any issues with the same email account.  I went back to my 2018 version and now can't email out of it either.  I've tried looking at all/any of the security settings for my email account but haven't been able to change anything from the Microsoft side that worked.  Any advice on what I can try next?  I really would like to be able to Share photos through email directly from Elements.

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support and allowed them access to my computer.  They were unable to resolve the email issue.  They wanted me to install a phone app that would provide an "app password" but I don't have a smartphone so that was not possible.  I would imagine everyone using a Microsoft email account will have this problem so maybe there will eventually be a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support and allowed them access to my computer.  They were unable to resolve the email issue.  They wanted me to install a phone app that would provide an "app password" but I don't have a smartphone so that was not possible.  I would imagine everyone using a Microsoft email account will have this problem so maybe there will eventually be a fix.

By @christinew28833765

@christinew28833765 

I have just tested in PSE2022 with my hotmail account which did work a few weeks ago and I can no longer email or validate the account with my Win 10. So, you may be right that other users will have the same issue. Most probably, this may have been the result of a recent Windows 10 update.

It's very important to understand that having different applications 'speaking together' and giving permissions to send mails or change a number of security settings is a terrible danger of being pirated. With the growing risks, software companies like Microsoft or Google are restricting direct communication between programs to protect you. The necessity to protect users with their Internet banking actions or online purchase have let to complicated and annoying safety measures such as validating an action from an app from a smartphone.

So, for your situation, best to bypass the communication between PSE and your mail service. PSE will export a selection of files to a temporary folder on your deskctop. Then independently, you'll use your mail service to send those files.

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/using/share-files-via-email.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting that I'm not the only one having this issue.  I can bypass PSE and find another way to email.  I understand that this issue is coming from the Microsoft email security side, but I don't think PSE should include the "Share" functionality and Email configuration if it won't work.  I'm going to pursue support from Microsoft, if I find anything that works I'll post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting that I'm not the only one having this issue.  I can bypass PSE and find another way to email.  I understand that this issue is coming from the Microsoft email security side, but I don't think PSE should include the "Share" functionality and Email configuration if it won't work.  I'm going to pursue support from Microsoft, if I find anything that works I'll post it.

By @christinew28833765

Don't go too fast.

First we are two to meet very recently an impossibility to validate a Windows Mail account. That's not a crowd... and if you have read the tech doc in my link, you'll see that it is a general issue known for a number of years and for which Adobe recommends another solution. For those who read this forum regularly this is nothing new, except that most complaints are for Gmail where a complicated validation on Google side is available. So, Adobe has already answered your complaint in that tech doc. Even if Adobe or Microsoft can solve our problem rapidly, that does not change the general sharing problem which is not experienced in the same way by old users with little acquaintance with computers and young social media users on smartphones.

We also don't know if other security softwares or antivirus don't play a part in our scenario. For instance, why can I still drag and drop selected files from the organizer to a mail I am writing in Windows mail as well as with my Firefox as attachments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi
Do you know if therte is a solution to this problem yet?
I cant be bothered with the long winded process of saving images to a file and dragging to my gmail to say nothing for the resizing issue. 
regards dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I never found a solution to this problem.  My father has learned to save his photos out to a folder on his computer and email from there.  I just went into Elements to see if the problem still exists and it won't email out of the Organizer when I attempt to "Share" and it won't validate my email in the Organizer "Preferences."   It's dissapointing that it doesn't work, it seems that emailing a photo from within Elements should be basic functionality.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE doesn't play well with other software, such as email.  It would be a big boost, for me anyway, if we could "share to facebook."  

Most email clients have a 10mb limit on attachements.  

WHAT I DO:   I upload them to my dropbox, and share that link.  Quite often just one photo is about 5MB in size.  Once you get proficient as using a dropbox (or any other number of similar resources) it become second nature to use. 

Sharing photos directly from the program has alway been minimally useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, I'll check out dropbox.  I can figure out another way to send photos but my elderly (and technically-challenged) father needs a very simple way to do it and the email from Elements was working for him so I hope there is a fix.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New features, such as emailing directly, or posting to facebook, have never been added to a released version, that I am aware of.  you can rrequest features for future versions- which for pse typically get released around the second week of October.

down near the left hand side of the page is a select product pull down menu right under the terms and conditions.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glenn, it was Facebook's decision to remove the link to third party applications such as Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which was a smart decision.  I've seen it in older versions when I reinstall them.  It's jst a matter of conveince I think for most, however, I realize the program is not a social media app where you can easilly share something with a click of a mouse.

I do remember Back in the day B.F. (before facebook) and social media, that you emailed images back and forth... "Hey ed, did you see this picture of this dancing cat/" sorta routine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're gonna like this:

Do it from organizer.  I just did a test share:  It opens up your default email program and you send it from there as an attachment. 2022-02-04_163554.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glenn, have you actually used the Email share in the Organizer?

Your suggestion only works IF and only IF you've configured your Email client in Preferences. And, it does not OPEN your default email program. The entire sharing process is done entirely within the Organizer without opening your email client.

If you're using Gmail, you'll need to jump through a few flaming hoops to get it validated!

But it does work nicely once you get your email validated. It even gives you the option to resize your photos.

2022-02-05 06_13_16-.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion only works IF and only IF you've configured your Email client in Preferences. And, it does not OPEN your default email program. The entire sharing process is done entirely within the Organizer without opening your email client.

But it does work nicely once you get your email validated. It even gives you the option to resize your photos.

By @Walter_H

You are right, Walter.

Except that I just tried to create a new organizer mail account with the specs of my orange.fr mailbox : the mail config was successfully validated... but all attemps to send a mail get the message 'comunication interrupted'.

So, my Microsoft hotmail account does no longer work (very recent - I am still on Win 10), I no longer find the way to authorize Google to connect with PSE. No luck with orange.fr either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michel,

I use Google email. I had to turn on the two-step verification and generate an app-specific password. The instructions for Gmail are here in the paragraph titled "Solution".

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/email-configuration-elements-organizer.html. This Adobe helpx doc was last updated on Jan 12, 2022

Note: There is also a suggested solution for your "Connection Interrupted" message.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have, and no, I don't use it at all in organizer, pretty much useless when you think how much time is spent "trying to figure it out" when by the time ytou wait for answer on a forum you could have manually just located the image, attach it , and send it's on it's way. 

It opened my default email program automatically. Perhaps you have something mis-configured on your computer.  

But like I said, it's pretty much useless, it owrks for me (but I will never utilize it) and not worth any further  discussion from me. 

Below is my email clinet that got opened automatically.

2022-02-05_074352.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot above was what I used to see when trying to "Share" (email) out of PSE.  Now I get the "Something went wrong..." error when it tries to send.  When I go into my email preferences, PSE can't "validate" my email account with my credentials.  I've tried setting up a new account or using a different hotmail address but I get the same errors.  I believe there is probably a solution that involves Microsoft security and setting up two factor authentication and an app password for PSE.  I don't want to do that as I think it would be cumbersome and and inconvenient in other ways (especially without a smartphone).  I'll most likely just export photos to a new folder on my computer and email from there.  This isn't a big deal for me since I'm reasonably adept at using a computer.  This will be a new process for my 80+ year old father who already struggles with basic navigation and folder structures.  It was very easy for him to email from the PSE Organzier page without any extra steps.  Thank you to everyone who posted, it has been helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@christinew28833765 

I mostly agree with you since I am very happy without the share by email option. I'll need more time to test Walter's suggestions and to check if Microsoft is really pushing towards two factor identification. If indeed  both Google and Microsoft become so cumbersome to setup, even the latest Adobe tech doc needs updating. I'll come back if I find anything useful. I can say that Walter's tip about "interrupted connections" did work. However the solution was to reduce the size of attachment to a ridiculous low size. Not pratctical at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walter's tip about "interrupted connections" did work. However the solution was to reduce the size of attachment to a ridiculous low size. Not pratctical at all.
By @MichelBParis

Michel, The Adobe helpx doc was last updated on Jan 12, 2022. And, just for the record, it is Adobe's tip, not mine.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walter's tip about "interrupted connections" did work. However the solution was to reduce the size of attachment to a ridiculous low size. Not pratctical at all.
By @MichelBParis

Michel, The Adobe helpx doc was last updated on Jan 12, 2022. And, just for the record, it is Adobe's tip, not mine.

By @Walter_H

Yes, Walter.

What I mean is that it's possible that the last update of Jan 12, 2022 has still to be updated,

1 - because the help doc for Google does not describe the present state ( Feb. 5 2022) of the safety section of the Google account, at least for me.

2 - because the latest safety recommendations of Microsoft definitely advise for a similar choice, double identification plus specific application password.

So, I think we all should stay tuned for any news from both Google or Microsoft and we should wait for other testimonies about recent changes from other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote...
But like I said, it's pretty much useless, it owrks for me (but I will never utilize it) and not worth any further  discussion from me. 
By @Glenn 8675309

Glenn, you're not being very helpfull!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Walter and Glenn are both right.  😉  It depends on the e-mail client you use as to whether the email will be sent automatically via the Share email feature or whether it opens in the email client itself before editing and sending.  I don't currently have MS Outlook set up on my computer but IIRC, Elements will open Outlook before sending the email.  Using a web-based mail service like AOL will obviously just send the email automatically.

However, there is another solution for using the Organizer.  Simply open an email to send, and then drag and drop a file or files from the Organizer to the body of the email.  If your email client supports insertion (not just attachment) of files, the photo(s) will be inserted in the body of the email.

I prefer this method of sending photos via email because you don't get the Adobe advertising at the bottom of the email.  (Even editing the automatic subject line and text out of the Share email dialog doesn't prevent the Sent via Elements tag at the bottom of the email.)

Snap_2022.02.05_12h47m40s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here's what the Organizer's Preferences>Email recommendation is for (non-configurable?) email services:

Snap_2022.02.05_12h58m18s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines