• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2023 Colors Washed Out

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every image I open in Elements 2023 is significantly desaturated compared to the same file in other paint programs. The image on the left is the washed out version Elements displays, and the one on the right is how it should look. How do I fix this? Every picture is like this, and it's seriously aggravating!

fc6d191571ed051e66c9bcaf1e3c50bd 727a34419f117a19cf98f43d497c44a8

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the resolution of these "desaturated" files?

Also, go to Image>Mode and be sure that RGB color is checked.

When printing one of your files, have either PSE or the printer manage colors, not both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All sizes are affected, although I normally work in the 128 x 128 to 2048 x 2048 range, and the mode settings don't make a difference. I'm not printing these images, they're staying digital.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit>Color Settings and see if changing the settings there makes a difference:

Ashampoo_Snap_Thursday, June 20, 2024_10h23m42s.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all of these and restarted in between changes, and it made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you attach a sample file for us to look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, though I doubt you all will be able to recreate the problem given the RGB codes/color profile/etc. are all correct. This screenshot proves the issue further - if you use the eyedropper on the current/new color you get something other than FF0000.

decc825260dd215494267936f51d8a70

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right - I cannot recreate your issue.  But this is because you haven't explained your workflow.  I have opened both the png and psd files in Elements 2023 and they are identical.  The RGB colors are all pure in the Info panel e.g. Red is 255/0/0 in both images.  It is the same with the Hex code in the Color Picker.

And the images are identical to my view:

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, June 21, 2024_10h12m30s.png

What I notice is that your original screenshots are different dimensions. 

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, June 21, 2024_11h21m52s.png

So, at some point, I assume that you have resized one of the images.  I suppose it is possible that during this process the compression algorithm has substituted the color.  (I'm not an expert in this and am just guessing.)

So, what is your workflow that created this problem?  What other paint programs are you using?  Which program created the file?  How was it saved and what settings were used to save it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing was resized, I was just lazy with taking screenshots. 🙂 Even brand new, unsaved images I create in Elements display improperly, and when I export an image created in Elements it displays correctly in other programs (I use Paint.NET mainly). So the files and the way they're saved/exported are not the issue - it's Elements itself, possibly a broken setting somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it, and it didn't fix the problem, and also made everything way darker and less accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple more suggestions.  I have no idea if they will work:

• Reset the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the program (and choose the option to delete the preferences on uninstall).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neither of them fixed it... so if it's not the files or the Elements settings, what on Earth could it be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines