• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2024, Mac edit keyboard shortcuts - where is it?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bent from Norway here. I am a keen user of Photoshop Elements 2024, and follow a lot of training videos on Youtube. In these they use the left or right bracket to increase or decrease the brush size. I have a Norwgian keyboard layout, and the bracket keys don't exist on my keyboard. Do you know whether there is a possibility to assign other keys as shortcuts on my keyboard, for this very useful feature? On my keyboard I can use Optio + 8 or 9 to create the brackets, but they won't work as keys to increase or decrease the brush size.

I have been advised by an AI to look for the keyboard editor under the Edit-menu, but no such item is present there. The AI also asked me to look for a "Workspaces" item under the window menu, but nope ... it doesn't exist.

Is there something I need to download, or doesn't it exist?

Best regards,

Bent
Norway

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Bent,

The bracket keys are next to the letter P on my keyboard.

Google "How to set up computer keyboard shortcuts." You will get several hits, but I don't know if they will work on your Norwegian keyboard.

In PSEv.2024, open a picture file, and activate the brush tool. On the tool's option bar at the bottom, click on "Tool Options". This will provide access to sliders for size & opacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Another way to adjust the Brush Size is to press control+option, left click and drag left or right.

To change hardness, drag up or down.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bent,

The bracket keys are next to the letter P on my keyboard.

Google "How to set up computer keyboard shortcuts." You will get several hits, but I don't know if they will work on your Norwegian keyboard.

In PSEv.2024, open a picture file, and activate the brush tool. On the tool's option bar at the bottom, click on "Tool Options". This will provide access to sliders for size & opacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a workaround I have is to temporarily swap to a US keyboard layout, and use the corresponding keys on my norw layout, and when I have finished brushing I swap back to norw layout. But it is not a solution, it is a workaround.

I know of course where to finde the tool options and the sliders, it is just so awkward in my opinion.

Another guy, Jeff, taught me another solution Ctrl+Option+drag left/right to increase/decrease size, and drag up/down for softness. Now that is a powerful tool and it works wonders!

... and yet ... I cannot find the keyboard shortcut editor in the mac version of PSE 2024.

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Bent
Norway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way to adjust the Brush Size is to press control+option, left click and drag left or right.

To change hardness, drag up or down.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. This is a really good one. Excellent and thank you!

I am still wondering though, where the on earth I can find the keyboard shortcut editor in the mac version of PSE 2024.

Regards,

Bent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no keyboard shortcut editor in Photoshop Elements 2024.

That's in Photoshop CC that can be had with a creative cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it is in Photoshop CC, bc at work I have the CC sub. But I way prefer to use PSE 2024 at home, as it serves my needs way better. And you provided me with great help. Ctrl+Option+mouse movement (while held down left mouse btn) works for a number of tools it turns out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines