• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhance one colour

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope someone can help. I was going through some older pictures that I took in a wooded area that had a carpet of bluebells. However the photos i took dont do it justice and the flowers dont look anywhere near as bright and colourful. Is there anything that I can do to bring out the blue of the thousands of flowers, without affecting the other colours ?

Thanks for any advice

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Here are the steps that I utilized to enhance this photo:

1. Open picture file

2. Go to Enhance menu>Adjust Lighting>Shadows/highlights. Work the sliders to improve the photo over-all. 

3. Use the Magnetic lasso tool to select the flowers, esp. with care  between the trees

4. Place this selection of flowers on a separate layer (Press CTRL+J)

5. Open a Hue/saturation adjustment layer above layer 1 and clip this layer to Layer 1 (Press CTRL+G). In the  dialog for the adjustment layer, check the "C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

You can use an Hue/saturation Adjustment Layer (Layer>New adjustment Layer>Hue/Saturation) select Blues from the Channel menu and then adjust the Saturation slider for the desired effect.

Screenshot-(680).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest that you post a representative picture for us to look at, so that we may offer targeted advice. You can do that via the "Insert Photos" icon at the top of the reply box here on the forum page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As hatstead says, it will be helpful to see the photo you want to adjust.   There are several ways to skin this cat, but in general, you will want to select the flowers which probably have a unique color in the photo.  To do this, you will want to use the Magic Wand selection tool.  Make sure that the Contiguous box is unchecked, and you will probably have to play around with the Tolerance slider to get a proper selection of the flowers.

Snap_2021.11.19_11h56m11s_001.png

Once the selection is made, there are any number of enhancement tools you can use.  I would suggest that you use a new Hue/Saturation adjustment layer:

Snap_2021.11.19_12h3m30s_003.png

This will allow you to adjust the color and brightness of the flowers, something like this:

Poppy-Fields.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your comments. It is appreciated.

Here is one of the pictures, that shows the bluebells, not looking very blue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the steps that I utilized to enhance this photo:

1. Open picture file

2. Go to Enhance menu>Adjust Lighting>Shadows/highlights. Work the sliders to improve the photo over-all. 

3. Use the Magnetic lasso tool to select the flowers, esp. with care  between the trees

4. Place this selection of flowers on a separate layer (Press CTRL+J)

5. Open a Hue/saturation adjustment layer above layer 1 and clip this layer to Layer 1 (Press CTRL+G). In the  dialog for the adjustment layer, check the "Colorise " box, and then work the hue - saturation - lightness sliders to best advantage.

6. Flatten the layers and sharpen with Unsharp mask via the Enhance menu.

flowers_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use an Hue/saturation Adjustment Layer (Layer>New adjustment Layer>Hue/Saturation) select Blues from the Channel menu and then adjust the Saturation slider for the desired effect.

Screenshot-(680).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines