Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message When Opening Photoshop Elements 2021

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gals and Guys-

I have Photoshop Elements 2021.  Lately when I open PS Elements with an item on the clipboard that I intend to paste into Photoshop Elements, when I open a new canvas I get the error -  Could not complete hte command because the affected area is empty or does not overlap the canvas.  It still works and I can still paste into PS Elements.  I've had PS Elements for for a while now and this has only been happening the last few monthsl so I'm wondering where the error is coming from and if it's possible to get rid of it?  Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Which version of Windows are you using? Check what layer you've made the selection on.
Make sure you're on the same layer you intend to paste. Does it happen with new files as well?

Did you try re-installing the app or any troubleshooting steps so far? 

We're here to help, just need some info.

Thanks

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the replies.  I'm using Windows 10.  It seems to happen when I have a file in the clipboard and open PSE, then hit ctrl+n for a new blank file.  I think it's too low stakes of an issue to re-install the OS.  I just wanted to see if I could get rid of it.  I will give the new file from the clipboard a whirl and see how it goes.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File>New> from clipboard is how I do it, never any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines