Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Export Button Is Grayed Out.

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Photoshop Elements 30 day trial, finished compositing an image and couldn't export it because the export button was grayed out. There doesn't seem to be anything that happens when I try to click "Export" that tells me why this is. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is or how i can fix it? Are you unable to export during your 30 day trial or something? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018
You should use 'Save As', not 'Export' when in the editor. It's normal that the 'export' option be grayed out in the editor.There is an 'Export as new files' function in the Organizer menu to export a batch of files with various options.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use 'Save As', not 'Export' when in the editor. It's normal that the 'export' option be grayed out in the editor.

There is an 'Export as new files' function in the Organizer menu to export a batch of files with various options.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for helping

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why is there an Export option in the File menu, even if greyed out?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some third party plugins and/or scripts use the Export menu.

(same is true of the Automation Tools menu)

ex.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines