• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folders

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how come my pictures are not put in folders by date photo was taken. My old windows version is wonderful I can go to a particular day and find the pictures I'm looking for. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you created a new catalog for your Mac?  How did you transfer your files from your Windows machine to your Mac.  How are you importing new files into your catalog?  What is the source of the files that you are importing (e.g. memory card or existing storage folders on a drive)?

In general, Elements only places files into new folders if you use the Adobe Photo Downloader (APD) to import files from a memory card, camera, phone or portable drive.  When using the APD, you have the option to copy the files to a folder based on the date the photo was taken. 

If you are importing files that are already on your hard drive, Elements merely points to where they are located and does not move them to a new folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines