• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font size bug in Photoshop Elements Editor 2022 (windows)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 4K Photoshop Elements Editor 2022 menu fonts are way to big  (windows, bought from microsoft store)Screenshot (5).png

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for example fonts in Elements Organizer 2022 are fine

Screenshot (7).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for example fonts in Elements Organizer 2022 are fine

By @Evgeny Buzov

There is nothing common between the editor and the organizer for the user interface.

The editor layout has evolved since more than 20 years from the photoshop one and has kept the same general menus organization, adapted to desktop work with relatively big displays and medium resolution. For the millions of users of Photoshop and Elements, a drastic change is not easy at all and involves so many submenus that it's no longer possible to satisfy at the same time users of very big ultra HD displays, standard HD desktop, all sorts of laptops. You can see the new interfaces for the new 'Cloud' apps which are more simplified and flexible. For Elements, such a change to satisfy both ultra HD users, small HD laptops, old limited laptops would mean much more than scaling of fonts and probably really different interface layouts.

Now, with the organizer we also have a 20 years old software, created independently and with much less complexity in the menu structure. Practically, little in common with the editor. With PSE11 a totally rebuilt interface was introduced, clearer but not very flexible even if it has a lot of customization possible. Scaling fonts is a different issue: the organizer conforms to the Windows settings and does not use the 'trick' of using 100% or 200% resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fonts in editor 2020 were fineScreenshot (9).png (its obvious bug)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello all just wondering if there is a fix for this bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to use elements2022 with this small icons. Regret that I bought the new version. My only hope is a bugfix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge pain!  I just downloaded PSE2022 this morning.  The menu bar and menu font is so teeny tiny that I need binoculars to use the program.  Who thought this was a great idea?  Is there no way to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am in the same boat. This fixed it for me but makes no sense. I went into edit/preferences/Display and Cursors. In the High Density Displays drop down I picked large. Which was actually humungous and totally unusable. So I switched back to automatic and the fonts were a normal size. Maybe after the insatllation the software uses some windows fonts????? Yuo need to close and reopen Elements for the shange to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines