• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics card requirements: PSE 2022

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all. I have visited the PSE system requirements page at Adobe and do not see any reference to graphics cards for PSE 2022. Husband is shopping for a new laptop that will use PSE to do simple edits and use Camera Raw.

Would an i7 or Ryzen 7 processor w/16GB of RAM and no (or shared) graphics card be sufficient for quick, smooth edits? He is currently using PSE 7 ( I know... !!) on an old i5 laptop with 8 GB of RAM and everything runs fine.

PC only - he is not interested in a Mac.

Thanks for input!

TOPICS
Performance , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements does not make a lot of use of the GPU except for a limited number of functions.   Here is what the Elements 2022 preferences dialog says:

Snap_2022.03.25_13h13m27s_008.png

So, even an integrated GPU should be sufficient for most editing.  For raw editing, it seems to be an open question about whether a better GPU will improve some of the functions.

Of course, I don't want to get into a marital dispute about how much hubby should spend on his new computer.  😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha ha on budget. 🙂      I appreciate the info from the dialog box! That helps a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines