Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having to Force Quit Elements 2021 Organiser in OSX 11.1 Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently upgraded to PSE 2021 from PSE 13 alongside migrating my Mac OS to 11.1 Big Sur.  The Organiser component initiates OK but I have to use 'Force Quit' every time to exit the application.  The Editor component appears to exit in a straightforward manner.

Any ideas on how to solve the issue will be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for reaching out with this issue. Can you please try creating a new catalog in Organizer and try quitting after that?

Regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaron

Thanks for your interest in the issue.  Would you believe it but I have just initiated and quit Organiser without any problem but crucially perhaps I had not touched the Editor component.  Either way I will keep this thread informed.

On the assumption that the problem will re-occur can I create a new catalog and then automatically transfer the existing 30,000 images in the old one across?

Regards

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great, Geoff! Good to know you didn't face the issue. Yes, you can create a new catalog, but you will have to import all of the 30,000 media again. You will also need to re-apply any tags that you had applied on your media, along with places mapped, events created or people named. Can you confirm if trying to close Organizer while Editor is opened is the cause of the issue?

Regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron

As promised keeping this thread updated.  Earlier on today both Organiser and Editor froze after running very slowly. However I restarted Mac and have just completed a 1hr session without problem and both Organiser and Editor were able to exit normally.  Every time there has been an issue a report has been generated and sent to Apple (anonymously I believe) so hopefully that is adding to their understanding.  

I certainly don't want to conclude at this time that it is a problem with the Adobe software, notwithstanding that I have had no problem to date with any Apple software such as Pages, Keynote and Numbers.  

Either way I'll update this thread in a week's time summarising my experiences with the Adobe software.

Regards

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaron and others

Just updating the thread as promised.   Both Organiser and Editor in PSE 2021 appear to have now settled down under OSX 10.1 Big Sur so for the time being at least I regard this issue as closed.

Thanks for interest from those who replied.

Regards

Geoff May

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's fantastic, Geoff. Glad to know your issue got resolved.

Regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines