• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble with "fill" function

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to fill a certain contained area with one click (paint bucket tool). Now it shades the entire window, rather than filling, and the only way for me to "fill" is to use the selection tool and then paint within my selection. It's quite cumbersome. I have tried all combinations of checking the options boxes "all layers" "contiguous" and "anti-aliasing" none of these combos brings back the old functionality. I have tried looking into resetting the paint tool but I can't find it anywhere!!! Help Thanks!!

TOPICS
Actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

Does your image have more than one layer?  If so, do you have the correct layer selected?

In order to constrain the paint bucket tool to select a single-color area, you must have contiguous checked.  Also make sure that the Tolerance slider is relatively low. 

You can reset the paint bucket tool, by clicking on the "hamburger" icon at the right side of the Tool Options panel.

Snap_2021.11.01_17h49m33s_002.png

It may be helpful for you to give us a screenshot of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

Does your image have more than one layer?  If so, do you have the correct layer selected?

In order to constrain the paint bucket tool to select a single-color area, you must have contiguous checked.  Also make sure that the Tolerance slider is relatively low. 

You can reset the paint bucket tool, by clicking on the "hamburger" icon at the right side of the Tool Options panel.

Snap_2021.11.01_17h49m33s_002.png

It may be helpful for you to give us a screenshot of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! I could not find that hamburger for the life of me. (I kept going to the layers hamburger and getting confused). You solved in 2 seconds my issue for over a week. Many thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And just to emphasize the difference the tolerance slider can make, see the following screenshots:

1. Low tolerance - non contiguous
  2. Maximum tolerance - non contiguous.  (It is the same with the contiguous box checked)
  3. Low tolerance - contiguous

Snap_2021.11.01_18h05m23s_000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines