• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create an new action at Photoshop Elements?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just bought and installed Photoshop Elements on my Mac Book Pro. Unfortunatelly I cannot create a new action, because the button "actions" does not offer "new action". Just the presets.... Who can help me?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

No Elements versions can create actions, they can play actions. You need Photoshop to create actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Elements versions can create actions, they can play actions. You need Photoshop to create actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel how can I get actions as well as plug ins for my Elements 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nickli22, Why not try searching the internet for "photoshop elements actions" or "photoshop elements plug ins"?

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that Walter. and every time I do all I come up with is photoshop plug ins and Actions. I would be fine with purchasing some of them but they dont seam to work on elements..If you have any ideas on how to go about this I would love to hear them. That being said thanks for taking the time. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nickli22, You may not be digging deep enough in your search. There are LOTS of them available! What type of action or plug-in are you looking for? I'm not going to search for you, but here's one website with lots of free actions. The Coffeeshop Blog.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Walter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane you could have answered her  question first  then moved the question. Just sayin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nickli22 wrote:

Jane you could have answered her  question first  then moved the question. Just sayin.

If I used Elements or thought I might have an answer for Katrin, I would have done so, Nickli22. @MichelBParis was able to give her an answer fairly quickly on 3 January.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lo

Here is a source for actions;
200+ free Photoshop actions: 3D, animation, special fx (panosfx.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Action files cannot be created in Photoshop Elements. However, you can load more action files (.atn files) that have been created in Adobe Photoshop. Just need to find a way to create an .atn file outside of Photoshop elements.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bajillions of free actions available:  a good place to start:

https://fixthephoto.com/free-photoshop-actions

When you run actions, they will mostly work- till they get to something that PS can do, but PSE cannot- the action simply stops-  leaving the action producing poor results when the action is played. 

I just slap the ATN files here for PSE 2023:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\21.0\Presets\Actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I actually do not use PS or even PSE professionally and certainly cannot justify the monthly fee for PS. I have a small project of documenting 600 artworks from an undiscovered artist who was born in 1900 in Vienna and experienced WWII in Berlin. Really wonderful pieces. I wish to present photos of his work on the web [link removed as per forum guidelines]  and need a simple action to add a watermark layer to each. The website is a work in progress. Tough having to learn PSE and Wordpress simultaneously, but keeps this retired avionics engineer busy.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/watermark-design.html

I just don't wish to go the trial period route for 7 days with PE just to get a simple action made, but will if necessary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only pay $10.84 a month....with tax.   Yes it really is that cheap.   

The $9.99 plan can be difficult to find:   

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

It's one of those things that I pay for each month without thinking about it---- it's the cost of two foo foo coffees...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Glenn. In Germany the cost would be over $150 a year with a year subscription for PS only that cannot be canceled. PS is like a Ferrari and I just need a Golf!. I will stick with PSE and live with the limitations. Good tip though 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the photoshop elements editor have a look at File>Process Multiple Files from which you can add watermark text to your files.

wm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! Thanks. That sounds like a good solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Mac side

/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop Elements 21/Presets/Actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines