• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I completely delete Adobe Application?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted everyting I can find related to Adobe, Adobe Reader, and Adobe Photoshop 7.0.  There is just one file I can't get rid of.  the file is CoreSync_x64.dll.  Every time I try to delete it, I get a message, "This action can't be completed because the file is open in windows explorer. 

Close the file and try again. 

CoreSync_x64.dll

File Description:  Core Sync

File Version: 1.1.2.677

Date Created: 10/16/2013 7:02PM

Size: 3.20 MB"

I have even tried going into safe mode to get rid of it, but no luck.  My system is Windows 8.1.  How can I find out what file is open and preventing my removal of this file?

The actual file is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\adobe\adobe creative cloud\core Sync\CoreSync_x64.dll.

There are no other files in any of the directories.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already did that, and didn't work.  I finally found out how to get rid of it, but it took a long time and a lot of actions to accomplish.  I had to change the file permissions on each folder and file.  Then I moved the .dll file to a different directory.  Then I deleted the directories that were now empty.  Then I went to the directory where I moved the .dll file and was able to delete it.  What a convoluted mess to get rid of this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future reference the free utility 'Unlocker' is excellent at deleting locked files. It is one of the first utilities I install on all my PC's.

http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just changed the name of the folder coresync_x64.dll was in, then restart the computer, and then maneged to delete it, together with the folder. I had no ownership problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your solution. I can't tell you how many hours I have wasted trying to remove Adobe from my system. AdobeSucks​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future reference anyone who comes across this issue. You do not need to restart your computer. Once you rename the folder, open task manager and right click on "windows explorer" under the processes tab or "Explorer.exe" under the details tab and click the "restart" option. from there you will be able to delete the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! Very useful. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that I'm not to late to help you.

First, Type into your Browser search bar "Install take ownership" that will take you to "How-To Geek" Where you can install a very small program allowing you to very quickly take ownership of almost any files. {Or copy and use the URL below}.

Second install "Revo Uninstaller Pro" It's easy to find with a simple search and isn't that costly for what it does. I have used both many many times and "Revo" is the only Software tool I have ever used that can completely delete just about anything including any left overs in your registry.

This WILL sort out your problem!! However take great care with "Revo" it is a very powerful tool to have in your Arsenal & is no toy!!

All the Best Poetheraven1

Here is the URL:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vist...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

take ownership does not work. CoreSync is still in Adobe file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following will work.

It's a four step process that requires no additional software or cleaner tool/utility download.

Following is for Windows 7 operating system.

1: Delete all Adobe files and folders, leaving CoreSync_x64.dll and its parent folders left (you’ve likely done this already.)

2: Go to the MS Windows start button in the lower left corner, click, and in the run field, type “msconfig” Click on msconfig, and box will launch. In the startup tab, dis-able anything to do with Adobe, particularly Adobe Creative Cloud, and Adobe Updater.  Acrotray is also part of Adobe startup sequence, disable as well.

3: Reboot PC .  Go to  CoreSync_x64.dll location and you will still NOT be able to delete the file, but WILL be able to rename it.  Rename it “junk” or “crap” or whatever.

4: Reboot PC again, go to CoreSync_x64.dll location, you will now be able to delete file and parent folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best solution ever. I used to delete this crap same way. Dont listen any noobs who gave u advice to install any useless programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the best and the simplest solution !! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It`s work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY! Exterminatus in It's purest form. I owe you my most sincere gratitude.

May this post reign for millennia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to do it through a long technical process if you are confident.

First, I opened command prompt as an administrator.

Then I had to go to the main c directory by typing "cd ../../.."

That I navigated to the file location by typing "cd program files (x86)/adobe/adobe creative cloud/CoresSyncExtension"

Then using task manager, I quit windows explorer.

Finally I typed "del coresync_x64.dll"

It may or may not ask for confirmation depending on your exact set up. From this point is should be gone. once again navigate to the main c drive directory but this time type "cd ../../../../.."

then type "cd windows" followed by "explorer.exe"

that should get explorer running again and you can confirm that it is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another solution is to use CoreSyncCustomHook.exe located at: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncExtension\customhook. When you run the following command :

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncExtension\customhook\CoreSyncCustomHook.exe --uninstall="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud" --component="CoreSyncExtension"

Then all registration to the dll is removed from the registry, the dll will be renamed and placed in %TEMP% and with the next reboot the dll is removed from the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only work on Windows 8/8.1/10! You turn on Task Manager, at tab "Processes" -->Go to process Windows Explore ---> Right click and "Restart" it. Now, you can delete CoreSync_x64.dll or CoreSync_x86.dll ! (I'am using Windows 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir are the man !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Katazaj's trick is working on Win10 Creator Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg It work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2016 Aug 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really easy way i did it, i got glary utilities shredder tool, ended explorer.exe under details, then ended task manager and then shredded it. then using ctrl alt delete started the task manager back up and ran explorer.exe as a new process!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to do a re-install (I installed fine the 1st time then my PC and had to recover to a few hours prior and had to redo all of it), what worked for me after doing all that is mentioned above: Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files rename the adobe folder. After I did that I was able to run the install with no issues. On restart delete the renamed folder and you are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines