• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I restore all of my albums and their contents from my Photoshop Elements backup file?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PS Elements 11 and have carefully done a backup of my catalog as I add Photos along with tags, captions, etc.  I recently installed the software for PS Elements 11 on my new computer.  When transferring the backup file of all my photos, the file did not load properly and the files were corrupted.  I have since done a restore of the files from a cloud backup.  When I use the 'Get Photos and Videos from Files and Folders' prompt, I have to select from the following options:

Photos, videos, audio; PDF Files (*.pdf); Photo Projects Format (*.pse); or All Files (*.*).

Which selection will restore not only the photos, but also place them in the correct albums where I originally had them?

I plan to upgrade to the current edition once I have restored all my previous content!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Backup & restore is a two-step process. If you have made a full backup of organizer or a full backup plus incremental backups, simply follow the restore process. See link below which is valid for Photoshop Elements & premiere Elements.

If you experienced previous failure or file corruption it may be worth trying to create a new full backup on the old computer. Importing from files & folders or cloud backup will not preserve the previous catalog.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines