• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deactivate Photoshop Elements

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know how to do this. I need to install my disc on a new computer and it told me my serial number is good for 2 computers and i need to deactivate one

please send replys to my email address

[Email address removed]

Message was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Hi all,

You can deactivate Photoshop Elements from the old computer or for moving the software from one computer to another by following the below steps:

1. Open Photoshop Elements
  2. Launch Editor
  3. Go to Help Menu 
  4. Click on Sign out Or Deactivate

Note: The machine should be connected to the internet at the time when you are performing these steps. For more information related to Activation and Deactivation take a look at the following article: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an advice to go to this link but it it utterly useless:
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html
You won't find the answer and cannot chat or talk with a real person! SO frustrating.

I have bought PSE 2020 and would like to deactivate my PSE 2019 to sell it but the program doesn't run under my macOS 10.15 Catalina so I cannot deactivate using the Help--> Sign Out way.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this article for help.  If you are unable to resolve your issue by yourself, you can use a "Contact us" link within the page which will take you to an online support agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved. It was so simple that I should have thought it at the first place. I have an old Macbook Pro, which is running older OS X. I installed my PSE 2019 on it and signed out. Simple...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Problem solved. It was so simple that I should have thought it at the first place. I have an old Macbook Pro, which is running older OS X. I installed my PSE 2019 on it and signed out. Simple..."

Not totally solved... What if the current computer is stolen?

You are allowed to 'activate' two computers. One activation has been lost. You are using the second one. If it becomes unavailable, your only solution is to reach  Customer Care (by chat). They will solve the problem in minutes as they did for me in a similar situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not totally solved... What if the current computer is stolen?

You are allowed to 'activate' two computers. One activation has been lost. You are using the second one. If it becomes unavailable, your only solution is to reach  Customer Care (by chat). They will solve the problem in minutes as they did for me in a similar situation.

I don't know what you're after. I just needed to sign out with the serial number of my PSE 2019 to be able to sell the software so that the new owner can activate it. By the way, this one was for ONE Mac only. Now I can sell the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply referred to the title of your post, which is a very common issue.

For the legal requirements when transferring licenses, read more:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Elements 12 several years ago, activated it, then uninstalled it because I wasn't going to use it. I didn't realize I needed to deactivate it when uninstalling it. I recently sold the software but the person who bought it said they couldn't use it since I had activated it. I see it listed under my products at Adobe.com but I don't see any way to deactivate it following instructions in Adobe's help section. It says I need to click, "manage plans" but there's no option for that. How can I get it deactivated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

I bought Elements 12 several years ago, activated it, then uninstalled it because I wasn't going to use it. I didn't realize I needed to deactivate it when uninstalling it. I recently sold the software but the person who bought it said they couldn't use it since I had activated it. I see it listed under my products at Adobe.com but I don't see any way to deactivate it following instructions in Adobe's help section. It says I need to click, "manage plans" but there's no option for that. How can I get it deactivated?

Suggest that you contact Adobe:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hatstead  wrote

Suggest that you contact Adobe:

Contact Customer Care

... and make sure to say that you just want to reset your activations or they may not offer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to rebuild my laptop and before I do this Photoshop Elements 13 needs to be deactivated. I read that this is done with the Help -> Sign Out option, but all I can see in my Help menu is Help -> Sign In. I have been using PE13 on my laptop for a number of years and am sure that it was activated or else how can I have used it all this time? I don't want to find that after the rebuild I can't use PE13 any longer so I'm stuck.

Can anyone help me with this problem, please!

Thanks,

AVM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it only shows Help > Sign In, you must be signed out.

Worst case scenario, you can use the chat option here and ask only to have your activations reset:

Contact Customer Care

Chat 1 + Chat 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot locate the Help>Sign out option to sign out in order to purchase the Elements 15 Version.

!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you are in the Editor and not the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hi, my old PC is dead, I can't reactivate my paid product on the new PC.
  2. How I can do that?

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short version as title.  Long version - motherboard bricked and ended up having to rebuild more or less from the ground up, including wiping the hard drives and started over.  As a result, my serial number for Elements 13 has hit its activation limit and I need to deactivate the old install.  Which I can't do because that computer no longer exists.

Advice at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html#access-previous-comput... is to contact Adobe.  Per the tables at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/what-contact-options.html, the only contact option listed is "Forums", which I presume is this forum.  So...erm...can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Adobe.com and click on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu. That will start a support chat session and they should be able to deactivate your old computer.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.28_16h40m34s_003_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I bought PSE 2020, and I'm quite happy with it. But I think the "Freistellungsempfehlungen" (I don't know the English word) is one of the most stupid and needless feature I ever saw.

Is there anyway to deactivate the "Freistellungsempfehlungen"?

Reinhart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question isn't crystal clear.  You may be referring to the welcome screen, also known as the hub, which others have also expressed a dislike for.  You might pin Editor and Organizer to the task bar separately (or create shortcuts) and stop using the hub icon to launch them.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean is this feature in the editor:

Freistellung.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if there's a way to turn those suggestions off or not.  I've never seen this question asked before, rherder.  Maybe someone else can be more helpful.  Thanks for the screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the crop pre-selection suggestions.

You can turn it off in your preferences.

Edit >> preferences >> general - untick 'enable crop pre-selection' (It's the last option).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vorauswahl.JPG

@MichelBParis, I'm afraid to say there is no change. (of course I restarted PSE)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MichelBParis,

can you give me an answer to my last post?

Thank you,

Reinhart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinhart,

Thanks for reminding me about this issue.

Before my previous answer I had tested the preference, and I was sure it worked. But after your last post, I checked that the preference did not work. I wanted to further test the issue, which implied deleting all preferences. I then forgot to test, sorry.

Now, I don't want to spend too much time on the issue. The reason is that this bug has absolutely no negative effect on my workflow. I have always ignored the suggestions and recommended to avoid moving the mouse over the suggestions.

Showing the suggestion does not slow down in the least my workflow.

The tool panel is what it is, it takes too much space depending on your screen resolution. That leaves much screen space free and it seems Adobe has decided to use this space to show they were able to help new users, which are the new market target. I don't mind if Elements has a number of such beginners tools, provided Adobe keep the serious tools and sell enough PSE licenses to continue to support it. Remember they easily could do without it, the profit is in the subscriptions softwares.

Most of the time, I don't use the crop tool. I use the crop option in ACR or the rectangular marquee tool followed by Image >> crop. Cropping in ACR (I also process jpegs in ACR) is non-destructive, you can save a custom crop and you save time by editing batches at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines