• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable Photoshop Elements 2021 home screen (MacOs Big Sur)

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my version of PS Elements 2021 was updated and now the app opens with an annoying homescreen . Look, I just want to get to work editing my photos. I don't want to be asked what I want to do today and I certainly do not need buttons trying to upsell me to another Adobe product. I just want the application to open in expert mode and I'll open or create my own files, thank you. I would think there'd be a checkbox in the general setting to disable the homescreen but I can't find one. Please help.

Also, for years it has been perfectly normal for Mac users to be able to drag an existing file onto the Elements icon in the dock to open it.

The most recent update has also resulted in my not being able to drag files from my desktop onto the Elements icon in the mac dock to open. I now have to right click on the file on the desktop and choose the app that I want to open the file with. This is clumsy.

Please help.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Mike,

Try this to Bypass the Welcome Screen in PSE. Scroll down to "3. Create a Dock alias (Mac OS only)." and follow the instructions.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines