• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get a licence and serial number for Photoshop Elements 2022?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the trial version of Photoshop Elements 2022. However, when I click (in the box that pops up when launching it) to purchase a licence it only gives me the option to get a licence for Photoshop Elements 2023.

I do NOT want Photoshop 2023 as my computer does not meet the system requirements for it.

Does the licence / serial that I would purchase for 2023 work for the 2022 version I have downloaded?

What is the workaround for this?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

No, and no work around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

The original problem was with Adobe's unhelpful link: Adobe allowed download of a trial version of Elements 2022 but when I tried to purchase a redemption code for Elements 2022 direct from Adobe via the the pop up link within the trial version it sent me to Elements 2023 instead. I didn't want Elements 2023, as it doesn't run on MacOSX 10.15, the highest version of the OS my machine will run.

Anyway, the matter is now resolved as purchase of a redemption code was available from the retailer I we

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, and no work around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got on a chat and confirmed that indeed yours was the correct answer. However, I requested the case be escalated because A) Under the buy details it lists multiple versions of the OS which could be construed to mean that the key will be generated based upon what trial is being purchased, and B) because technically speaking, an active "Buy" link should not exist if the product in any form is unsupported. Even the trials would have to have the Buy button grayed out or there would need to be an impossible-to-miss banner on the download page advising that license keys will not be generated for non-current software in the event of a direct purchase via an Adobe trail.  In allowing the Buy button on a trial to result in the purchase of a non-compatible key is the textbook definition of Bait & Switch (violation of State and Federal consumer protection laws). If Adobe doesn't remedy this situation they could end up with legal trouble on their hands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe move on, and anything not in today's system requirements for today's version isn't supported and can't be purchased. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real problem is that adobe's website is so unhelpful. Adobe directs you to the wrong product when you try to purchase from inside a trial version you have already downloaded. The website itself is quite useless and customer services more of less impenetrable. It is simply not true that you can't purchase Photoshop Elements 2022; I have now managed to do so, from a retailer, not direct from Adobe who seem to obstruct any attempts to do so, even though they let you download the trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why are they still allowing trial versions to be downloaded with a functional "buy" link? Adobe bears some of the responsibility here, IMHO. To cite a parellel example, if one visits a website for a printer driver it will auto-detect one's operating system and display appropriate choices for drivers. More websites offering software downloads should do so, and buying a license for one step removed from the current version should not be prohibited. It's money to be made on Adobe's part and they're throwing it away. That will force a certain percentage of customers to go with gray market (or worse). File it under "What the ___ were they thinking?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need help installing Elements 2022 that you have purchased from a retailer, tell us what problem you are having.  You also need to tell us what OS you are using. 

Generally, legitimate retailers sell products with a redemption code, not a license serial number.  You need to redeem the code you have been given (if that is the problem).  See this article for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original problem was with Adobe's unhelpful link: Adobe allowed download of a trial version of Elements 2022 but when I tried to purchase a redemption code for Elements 2022 direct from Adobe via the the pop up link within the trial version it sent me to Elements 2023 instead. I didn't want Elements 2023, as it doesn't run on MacOSX 10.15, the highest version of the OS my machine will run.

Anyway, the matter is now resolved as purchase of a redemption code was available from the retailer I went to. This proved a better solution instead of wasting more time trying to purchase a suitable redemption code from the unhelpful Adobe website. I have had no problem with the redemption code from the retailer and have now been able to redeem the code to install Elements 2022 successfully. So, a successful outcome after confusing and frustrating process. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I am in a similar boat but without a retail-issued redemption code as a workaround. I went from the trial version downloaded from directly from the Adobe website to "buy", at which point I qualified for an upgrade since I own two prior versions. Input the payment details thinking that the "Buy" prompt would surely be smart enough to associate it with the 2022 trial I was running. My bad. Now I have a license key that won't activate version 2022 because it is intended for version 2023!

Believe it or not, a handful 2020 iMacs are still being sold NIB in 2023 and they don't ship with Ventura…. Under Catalina — under which I lost my legacy CS6 Web & Design Suite for non-compliant 32-bit components 😞 — I was able to get a Canon Pro9000 running and an even older Epson Perfection scanner. The only saving grace of this long overdue "upgrade" in hardware/macOS was that I managed to get unsupported devices working with Catalina. However, I can't be sure of this "stroke of luck" in Monterey+, so I need Photoshop Elements 2022 trial to convert to the paid verison for use under Catalina.

I can understand if I was trying to activate a trial version from 10 years ago using some link hosted on a third-party website. But as the name suggests, Photoshop Elements 2022 was still relevant *last year* and I was logged in when I downloaded the 2022 trial that still contains a "Buy" link! Do I have any recourse since I did not download the 2023 version and install it to any device?

Under the "purchase" receipt there was a link to Adobe in the event one needs assistance. But I'm not on the Adobe website all that often (since I don't have CC) and would rather not have to spend the next hour searching for the relevant email or contact form. Can anybody here point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines