• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install Elements 7 to a Windows10 laptop

Participant ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Elements 7 for a few years.  I love my Elements 7!  I have the original disk and serial number and I just wanted to know if it can be installed to my new Win10 laptop (and how to do that.)

Your assistance would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Download and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

If your new laptop does not have a CD/DVD drive, copy the disk to a thumb drive on another computer, and install via USB.

There have been mixed reports re this old version of the software functioning properly on a modern operating system, but give it a try - nothing to lose.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Yes just installing photoshop elements 7 normally using the didk should work.

Enabling DirectPlay as explained above is so the photoshop elements 7 organizer works properly on windows 10.

It doesn't affect the operation of the photoshop elements editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your new laptop does not have a CD/DVD drive, copy the disk to a thumb drive on another computer, and install via USB.

There have been mixed reports re this old version of the software functioning properly on a modern operating system, but give it a try - nothing to lose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hatstead,

Yes, my new laptop does have a CD/DVD drive, that is the only reason I purchased it, because I also had to install my PS CS6 from a disk.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you get pse 7 installed you'll have to enable DirectPlay so the photoshop elements organizer works.

https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/elements-organizer/kb/directx-could-not-initialize.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the info and the link.  So, do you think just installing the PSE7 from the disk (and following the usual procedures) will work?  Will there be any updates that will come up during the installation?

Sorry, I have no idea what DirectX is nor why I would need to open the Elements Organizer (as it is mentioned in the page from the link...) unless that is the only way to get Elements7 to work in Win10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes just installing photoshop elements 7 normally using the didk should work.

Enabling DirectPlay as explained above is so the photoshop elements 7 organizer works properly on windows 10.

It doesn't affect the operation of the photoshop elements editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff, my apologies for the late reply.  Sometimes life gets in the way of playing with fun things.... ikr?  😄

Thank you for the further clarification.  Your assistance is truly appreciated.

LL&P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines