Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to permanently remove suggestion to 'try new slideshow creations...'

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Forum users,

Am I the only one who is tired of clicking to remove the blue button that appears at the bottom of my MacBook Air screen every time I open an Adobe applications? 

What is really bad is that it overlays all other windows on my Mac if I don't remove it.

Since I'm not interested in this, I'd like not to see this suggestion constantly.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Mac , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Have you tried actually clicking to get started? Adobe just wants to show you a new feature in Elements. Once, you've seen it, the nag should go away.  If it doesn't, try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Hours of operation outside of the United States are limited. See the p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want any Auto Creations, you can turn off the feature in the Organizer's Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis dialog:

Snap_2022.12.30_13h59m32s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion, Greg. I tried this but it does not make any difference. I still see this:

Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 12.50.54 PM.png

....and that is the problem. I now have to click to remove this every time I open an Adobe app and if I don't then this image overlays every other window on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried actually clicking to get started? Adobe just wants to show you a new feature in Elements. Once, you've seen it, the nag should go away.  If it doesn't, try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Hours of operation outside of the United States are limited. See the phone link for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that actually seems (so far) to have worked. However, when you click on the blue 'nag', nothing happens, and so I thought there was nothing else I could do. But, I then tried both options (Elements Web and Open Elements Web). Each time I got 'No Media' (which is correct because I just cleared everything out) but, after opening and closing the app a few times, I'm not seeing this 'nag' anymore. Phew. I also replied to a PM giving me an email address for support which may also help. It's odd that clicking on the nag doesn't do anything but it's only when you try to do one of the options that it finally stops pestering you. Very poor UX if you ask me -it's been irritating me ever since I got Element a few months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this.

Jenna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jenna Chaplin said: Phew. I also replied to a PM giving me an email address for support which may also help.

Jenna, this is almost certainly a scammer phishing for your personal information.  Can you please let us know the name of the person who PM'd you so we can get them banned from the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, 

This is the message I got...

[MESSAGE REMOVED TO DELETE PERSONAL INFORMATION]

It looks legit to me and all I did was send an email to Adobe.Service@outlook.com with details of the issue, nothing else.

Please let me know if there is a concern, but they didn't ask me to click on a link or open an attachment.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jenna Chaplin wrote:

It looks legit to me and all I did was send an email to Adobe.Service@outlook.com with details of the issue, nothing else.

Jenna, Adobe does not have an outlook.com email address. They use adobe.com. Can you go to your messages and report the scammer so he/she/it gets banned from the forums?

It's not the ellipses to the right of the trash can — it's just underneath with no words or icons next to it.

CB566F94-3A87-4013-B0D3-4112EB418AC7.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, jane-e, but it's too late. I already deleted the message and blocked the sender (David Tiger) so I can't do any further action on the message.

But, thanks to you and Greg, I now know that such email addresses are not valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jenna Chaplin, Adobe will only send you an email from an @Adobe.com address.  Scammers use all kinds of variations to attack users. (They now have your email address.) Please go to the forum and let me know the person who sent you the PM for which you received the notification of the PM.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

The message was from David Tiger.

I am not really worried about people having my email address as I am very vigilant about dealing with email from unknown people, and I fortunately work for an I.T. companywhere this is regularly drilled into us.

Thank you for your diligence.

Jenna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wondering, did you ever delete / block that D. Tiger?

Since that happened I've had several phishing attempts via text on my phone.

All completely obvious of course. Rather sad and pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines