• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to "save as" jpeg on Camera raw ACR

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using old version of adobe photoshop (I think it's Photoshop CC).

I purchased PSE 2023 (Photoshop Elements 2023) with good promotion price.

I am using Nikon D610 take photos with raw (NEF) files. And I am having simple batch works (WB, curve, noise reduction, a little bit sharpening) and save as JPEG.

But with the PSE 2023 and ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) plugin. I cannot save as photos to jpeg. But it only shows dng file format.

I can open it to photo editor (PSE2023). And save as JPEG one by one. But it's too much work to do lots of (200 or 300 photos) images.

Could you please comment on this issue?

Seungchul27308761jf35_0-1669438878427.png

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Frequent question for Elements raw editing, for instance:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/how-to-save-a-raw-file-in-jpeg/td-p/12333899

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/edited-raw-and-cannot-save-as-jpg/td-p/10282857

The reason is that the ACR version in Elements is different from the full version of Photoshop. The idea is to provide just the necessary tools for the 'conversion' process and the 'basic = fundamental' tools to provide to the PSE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can batch convert multiple raw files in the Organizer's Instant Fix Editor.  Even the slightest edit will allow the files to be automatically saved to jpeg in version sets with the original raw files.  Frankly, the Instant Fix editor does a pretty good job of basic image editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answer. I've been using just a basic functions of the photoshop since photoshop 7. I did even know that there's a great ADD-ONs like organizer. With your comment, I tried the organizer that comes with PSE2023. It is good to use for basic image processing. Thanks and enjoy the rest of weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frequent question for Elements raw editing, for instance:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/how-to-save-a-raw-file-in-jpeg/td-p/12333899

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/edited-raw-and-cannot-save-as-jpg/td-p...

The reason is that the ACR version in Elements is different from the full version of Photoshop. The idea is to provide just the necessary tools for the 'conversion' process and the 'basic = fundamental' tools to provide to the PSE pixel editor. For instance the 'global' adjustments and not the 'detail' ones;  functions like exporting, printing or converting, distortion... are avaible in the pixel editor, they are not offered in the PSE ACR plugin.

I can add that you can batch convert to jpeg or other image formats from the 'export' function of the organizer or the  'process multiple files' of the editor as well as from the 'Instant fix' described by @Greg_S. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your comment. I thought that this is kind of frequent question. So I searched with couple of keywords. Sorry I was not able to find the right post. Now I found previously posted questions. Thank you and sorry for asking iterative question.

I know PSE comes with fundamental functions. I did believe that the functions are good enough for my use. But I realized that the easy of interface (the tool provides preset (like 'global') settings and it's supposed to choose one of the presets). That kindness comes to me uneasy for me. I want to tune the details but it's limited in PSE 2023.

And I am sorry that the ACR in PSE2023 does not have JPEG save as function. Thanks. It's good to know the tool does not support save as JPEG. I removed, installed the tool couple of times and wasted time.

Thanks again for your comments. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines