• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upgrade photoshop [elements] 7 to work in windows 10?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I own a licensed disc for Photoshop Elements 7 and have used it for years with windows XP and windows 7. I now have windows 10 (64-bit) and the software will no longer perform, other than to allow me to crop and resave jpeg images. Whenever I start up Photoshop elements 7, I get a message that an upgrade is necessary, but I can't find out where/how to download the upgrade. I also have tried entering my license number at the Adobe website but can't find an update that will download. Help Please.  Ralph, 1 July 2021.
TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post Photoshop Elements related queries over at 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/bd-p/photoshop-elements?page=1&sort=latest_replies...

»but can't find an update that will download«

You wrote yourself that you need to upgrade, not update. 

Updates would usually be free, an upgrade for a perpetual license on the other hand would mean an additional cost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no "update" for PSEv.7. You will have to purchase the current version of PSE ("upgrade") if you wish to contnue to use the software. Each version of the software is independent.

Adobe may offer you a discount as a repeat customer, but shop around on Amazon and the box stores as you may find a price more favorable compared to Adobe's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll move this thread to the Photoshop Elements forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines