• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having trouble downloading my photos on my windows computer to the organizer

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble with elements 15

I can't download photos from my windows computer to the organizer

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us some more details?  How are you trying to import the files into the Organizer?  Where are the files permanently stored?  Are you getting any error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes from computer  They are stored on my computers hard drive  No errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble importing  all my photos from piscia to photoshop 2020 elements   the files are there on tjhe side but are empty.  Also photoshop is really slow.  I wanted all my files or albums by dates.

Richard Billiski

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Richard25204872ffh5, I'm guessing that you have not actually imported your photo files into the Elements Organizer catalog.  Files are not transferred from one program (Picassa??) to Elements.  Your files are stored on your hard drive and must be imported into the Organizer which is simply a database of your files.

I suspect that you are looking at the Folder panel on the left side of the screen and selecting a folder (or drive).  If the files in that location have not been imported into Elements, the photo grid will be "empty."

There are several ways for you to import your photos into the Organizer. You can go to the Import>From Files and Folders dialog and navigate to the main folder where your "Picassa" files are located on your hard drive.  Make sure that the Get Photos from Subfolders box is checked and click the Get Media button.

Snap_2022.07.11_10h43m48s_003.png

If this is not your problem, please give us further details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that far and it ask me for a fil name. What do I use for a file name. Import should be the easy part of the program. I know I have the pictures on my computer. Why is so diff cult. to import.
Email address removed by Moderator.

Sent from Mail<> for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to enter a file name.  If you do as I suggest, simply select a folder (like the Pictures folder in my prior screenshot) and click the Get Media button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Richard25204872ffh5, if you are responding via email, you have probably not seen my screenshot which is only available for viewing on the forum.  Also, if you are replying by email, try to remove your template email address which presumably appears in your email signature template.  We try to maintain user privacy on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines