• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I suddenly see a wait cursor on basic operations

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, when using Elements, I see a "wait" arrow pointer when using just about any brush. For example, when using the blur tool, which involves holding down the mouse pointer and "rubbing" it over the part of the image you want to affect, it always turns into an animated "wait" cursor which consists of a small circle of six smaller chasing circles.

I have never seen this cursor before in my life before now, after many years of using different versions of elements, or in any other piece of software. This happens when using low-processor intensive, small brushes, such as the soft round 9 pixels blur brush. It also happens with dodge/burn, eraser, healing brush, etc.

This started happening even though I had made no changes to the Mac or Elements. The cursor appears after about one or two seconds. Whatever operation I am doing, such as doge/burn, seems to continue unaffected even after the cursor appears, so the cursor seems to be pointless and it is very distracting. Advice appreciated.

Mac mini (2018)

3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

elements 2020

TOPICS
Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?