• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In simple words, how do I uninstall Creative Cloud, dumped on my PC with PSE 2021 free trial?

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes me angry, this dumping without permission and without even telling me about it.

YES there have been prior discussions here, but no help from Adobe, why should we put up with this intrusion?

The Workarounds that have been suggested here are unclear to me, but they seem to involve:

1.  Uninstall PSE 2021 free trial (and maybe my PSE15 too?) - normal Windows 10 uninstall? Or what?

2.  Uninstall Creative Cloud - normal Windows 10 uninstall??? Or what?

3.  Somehow, reinstall PSE 2021 (and maybe my PSE15?), using special tricks to avoid getting Creative Cloud again . . . . why the **** should we have to resort to special tricks? I did not ask for Creative Cloud, and I did not want it.

Mike

TOPICS
Download and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Here you go:

Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

And if you want to uninstall the trial version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021:

Uninstall Adobe Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements

The last link might not be appropriate for your version of Windows 10 (the article is a little out-of-date).

Here's what I would do:

1. Start > Settings > Apps

2. Under Apps & Features, scroll down to the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 entry and click on it.

3. Click the Uninstall button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Phil,

But when I followed your first link and selected "Download the Creative Cloud Dsektop Uninstaller App (latest version)" and then clicked on "Get File", several times a zip file name appeared at the bottom of the screen but if I moved my cursor to try to click on it, it disappeared, and there was no download.

But I kept on trying and finally the Uninstaller downloaded and it only took a few seconds to uninstall Creative Cloud Desktop.

Overall I have wasted about 3 hours on this, and you might like to convey to Adobe that this Market Leader Syndrome of thinking that Adobe can get new customers by dumping unwanted software on them simply does not work.

I am now far less likely to use Creative Cloud than I was before, because

1.  I did not want Creative Cloud.

2.  This was 550MB of unwanted rubbish, in my view.

3.  Adobe had fixed this Creative Cloud software so that I could not uninstall it with Windows Uninstall.

4.  If you ignore your customers, they will go away, and "ignore" includes dumping unwanted software on them.

Phil, thank you for your help, and I appreciate it, and I am not directing criticism at you. Not your fault!

Best regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines