• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Photoshop elements 10 on mac M1 Big Sur

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install photoshop elements 10 on my macbook pro M1 chip running macOS big sur. I downloaded the file from my account on the adobe website. When I try and launch the install file I'm getting a message saying it needs to be updated (see image below). I can't seem too find an answer or solution to this. I can't find any installer downloads or updates for version 10, i'm assuming they're no longer needed now that creative cload exists and I assume all downloads are done through that. I know it's a very old version so if anyone could confirm if its not actually compatible, and what my options I have - is there a later version that I can upgrade 10 to that will? 

ThanksScreenshot 2021-07-02 at 11.47.35.png

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Adobe no longer supports this old version of PSE. Suggest that you install the 30-day free trial of the software  (PSEv.21) to test it out on your machine. If evrything is ok, you may purchase the license subsequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer supports this old version of PSE. Suggest that you install the 30-day free trial of the software  (PSEv.21) to test it out on your machine. If evrything is ok, you may purchase the license subsequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to install photoshop elements 10 on my macbook pro M1 chip running macOS big sur.

Unfortunately that is not possible due to technical limitations imposed in Big Sur by Apple. Elements 10 will never be updated by Adobe to work on Big Sur. It is far too old and long superseded.

In detail, you'll never be able to install Elements 10 on Big Sur because the Elements 10 installer is 32 bit software and Big Sur does not support any 32 bit software at all. That is the underlying message behind the screenshot you posted.

Your only option is to upgrade to the current version Elements 2021.

As an owner of a previous version of Elements, you qualify for upgrade pricing from Adobe. However, shop around because prices for brand new full versions from Amazon and other resellers are often cheaper than even Adobe's upgrade pricing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines