• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possible to measure angles in photoshop elements?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is it possible to measure angles in photoshop elements? I'm trying to come to grips with freehand mechanical drawing on the wacom tablet, and can't figure a way to do this.

Thanks in advance

Catherine

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

The workarounds with the info palette work will with all versions of Elements.

The only other solution until/unless Santa gets you Photoshop would be using an image of a protractor. You can find a mock up of a protractor you can use at the site I have linked below.

http://www.myjanee.com/protractor.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rooting around, I see it's not possible, I'd need the full version, funny seeing as it's such a basic function of drawing.

Marking question as answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you can find an angle  with a simple workaround.

Open the info panel. Use the line shape tool to draw a line at the desired angle. As you draw the line, the angle will appear in the info panel. The degree of angle disappears once you finalize the line so view it before releasing the final mouse click to end the line.

When you use free transform, angle is also displayed in the info palette during the transformation.

Distance of the line when drawing using the line shape tool is also displayed in the info palette. As with the angle, distance measurement disappears once you finalize the line so view it before releasing the final mouse click to end the line.  This is handy if you ever need to measure the length of something. 

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopElements/8.0/Win/Using/WS2fa0b309bba5bdb1-76604e58122633c63c0-7ffd.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Terri

My new wacom came with pe6, I should have said, not pe8, os x. I'll look forward to the upgrade (santa are you listening???).

Still, being able to measure the angle after you draw it is what I really need.

Thanks

Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workarounds with the info palette work will with all versions of Elements.

The only other solution until/unless Santa gets you Photoshop would be using an image of a protractor. You can find a mock up of a protractor you can use at the site I have linked below.

http://www.myjanee.com/protractor.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this, I was running up against a brick wall because I was using the pencil tool, not the line shape tool. Great stuff.

Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines