• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an alternative plugin for Camera Raw?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been into photograph for a while but I decided I wanted to start exploring the flexiblity of shooting/processing raw images.  So I upgraded/updated my old copy of photoshop elements (I don't make money at this hobby so I hate the idea of subscriptions) only to discover that the Camera Raw Editor is a dumbed down version of the full Camera Raw plugin, for example tone mapping does not apear to be an option. Is there another available plugin that has all the functionality of the full camera raw plugin and works with elements? 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check out these plugins:

https://thepluginsite.com/order/elementsbundle.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also,  you may consider using the converting software bundled with your camera. Its advantage is to support proprietary features from the camera maker. 

There are good free converters which you can use to send converted tiff files to the Elements editor.

For Elements, I also recommend the very affordable and powerful set of scripts "elements+" from Andrei Doubrowski. A number of those scripts handles raw corrections which are only available in the full ACR version. Many scripts to restore other missing functions of the full Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I have a Nikon and haven't really tried there supplied software.  I will install Nikon's supply app and see what features are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines