• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

metadata copyright

Participant ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there an easy peasy way to automatically add copyright metadata to my images?

I watched a 10 step process for Photoshop. Too complicated to follow a long period.

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

You can try the following:

1. Select multiple files in the Organizer
  2. Go to the Information panel
  3. Click on the Edit IPTC information button and a dialog will open
  4. Enter your copyright information in the field
  5. Click the Save button

Snap_2021.07.28_23h32m10s_001.png

You may want to do this in increments, as I don't know whether you will run into any performance problems if you edit a large number of files at a time.

For new files that you import from your camera via the Adobe Photo Downloader, the advanced dialog allows you to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

is there an easy peasy way to automatically add copyright metadata to my images?

I watched a 10 step process for Photoshop. Too complicated to follow a long period.

By @dianef31111009

In the organizer downloader, set the dialog to 'advanced dialog box', in the bottom left, next to 'Help'.

On the right, you have a metadata panel with the 'basic' choice of Creator and Copyright. That choice should be sticky for next import sessions.

You can choose more than the 'basic' metadata if you sa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

If you only have one image selected in the Organizer and open the Metadata dropdown in the Information panel, you need to click on the 3 dots button next to the IPTC label to open the IPTC editor.

Snap_2021.07.29_10h25m12s_000.png

Here is the standard Adobe Photo Downloader dialog.  The Advanced Dialog button is a toggle which remains sticky.  So, I am assuming you already have the Advanced dialog open, because that is the only one that has the Help button in the lower left.

Snap_2021.07.29_10h35m35s_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the following:

1. Select multiple files in the Organizer
  2. Go to the Information panel
  3. Click on the Edit IPTC information button and a dialog will open
  4. Enter your copyright information in the field
  5. Click the Save button

Snap_2021.07.28_23h32m10s_001.png

You may want to do this in increments, as I don't know whether you will run into any performance problems if you edit a large number of files at a time.

For new files that you import from your camera via the Adobe Photo Downloader, the advanced dialog allows you to add copyright infomation to the metadata at time of import.

Snap_2021.07.28_23h40m18s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see an "information panel" nor anything like your screenshot.

Are you using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom?

As I indicated below, I literally opened every conceivable clickable dropdown in both organizer and editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @dianef31111009

In the organizer downloader, set the dialog to 'advanced dialog box', in the bottom left, next to 'Help'.

On the right, you have a metadata panel with the 'basic' choice of Creator and Copyright. That choice should be sticky for next import sessions.

You can choose more than the 'basic' metadata if you save your metadata from the editor (menu File > File Info...). You can define your own templates and select them at import time in the downloader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see/find an "organizer downloader" nor a "dialog to 'advanced dialog box', in the bottom left, next to 'Help'."

Clicked and looked at every conceivable location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane, you posted in the Photoshop Elements forum so all the snswers will be: how to do this job in the Photoshop Elements app. Are you actually asking about Photoshop CC?

If you are using Photoshop Elements, what version do you run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using Photoshop Elements 2021.

I finally figured it out. In order to add copyright, I had to select multiple images (not one), and then I was able to type my name in copyright.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only have one image selected in the Organizer and open the Metadata dropdown in the Information panel, you need to click on the 3 dots button next to the IPTC label to open the IPTC editor.

Snap_2021.07.29_10h25m12s_000.png

Here is the standard Adobe Photo Downloader dialog.  The Advanced Dialog button is a toggle which remains sticky.  So, I am assuming you already have the Advanced dialog open, because that is the only one that has the Help button in the lower left.

Snap_2021.07.29_10h35m35s_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

I also discovered it is quick to do using Adobe Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines