• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monterey Photoshop Elements 2021 not working

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see several people have the same issues.

Mine Monterey 12.0.1 on a Apple MacBook Pro 16 inch using Photoshop Elements 2021. The Photo-Editor stops/no response. Only a quit and reboot helps. A full shut down and try again seems to work sometimes. Any suggestions please?

Tried to contact Support directly but no reply. Concerned as I have a new MacBook Pro on order with Max1 and I understand Photo Elements 2022 doesn't work here either.

Comments or help please?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have found elements works perfectly on my 2015 macbook Pro but will not load on a 2015  Imac has to  be something to do with the processor I guess ??

Multiple force quits and restarts on the Imac eventually lets me use it for one session .only .

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave:

It seems there is a major problem with this software. I hope someone is listening to these issues.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sit and wait is the only solid option.

ONE POSSIBLE USER LEVEL "FIX".

Download and install the trial version of Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sit and wait is the only solid option.

ONE POSSIBLE USER LEVEL "FIX".

Download and install the trial version of Photoshop. 

By @Glenn 8675309

Glenn,

Warning, the trial version of Photoshop lasts only 7 days, not 30 like PSE. Otherwise, subscribing for a yearly plan payable monthly will cost penalties if you stop before the end of the year...

So, sit and wait remains the only solid option.

Maybe waiting just a few weeks before upgrading the OS would have been enough.

The deep disappointment of the new OS users comes from a natural expectation and a deep ignorance about software development and trade. Unfortunately, similar situations occurred those last years without users learning the basics. And I am sure we'll get them again and again in next years.

- Nothing is broken in PSE, nothing must be 'fixed'. The hope is for a new PSE version (a new feature) compatible with the new OS which is not compatible with the previous one. I believe a free update of PSE2022 is possible in a few weeks.

- Even if there were ten times more complaints in this forum, that would not make the gestation of the new PSE baby shorter (Adobe knows they have to be fast). And that would only apply to PSE2022.

My concern is for the next years: will users make the effort to be informed in advance and be ready to wait a little before upgrading OS or software? Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comments.  My problem is I can just get PSE2021 to work sometimes on Monterey 12.0.1 I am due to receive a new Powerbook shortly with the new Max chip. I understand PSE2022 doesn't work with this at all!

I hope something is sorted out soon. I have always found Adobe helpful over past issues like this. I just hope they are listening this time as at present Support just do not reply to messages. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hope that Support would be listening seems unfounded. I have tried here, via FaceBook and via Twitter. All ask for a private messge to be sent then...nothing.  I have a product that doesn't work, I would be grateful for Support and not to be ignored.

One solution I have found is to completely shut down. Wait a few minutes then power up again, if possible with no other applications open. Then open PSE2021 then open the Editor. This works for me, most of the time but not always. Come on Mr Adobe can't you find a fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Program if crap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roland Cormier:  Sorry I don't understand your posting. I am just trying to get the software to work as it should after I have purchased it! That is simple and all I ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michel - I'll try to ignore your rude a condescending approach to your customers. It's now some months along - has your development team backported the 2022 fix to 2021version? Usual software norm is latest version minus 2 for backporting fixes.

I paid AU116 dollars in May last year for 2021 - I think I should be able to get more than 6 months use from an upgrade before I have to spend another AU145 dollars to yet again upgrade to 2022. I think about 2 years is reasonable. Can you please advise when 2021 will be compatible with Monterey? I'd like to upgrade my OS but am holding off due to PSE issues reported here. As it is, Organiser is almost unusable on Big Sur but I can work around that, however I would like to continue use PSE as well as upgrade my OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see Adobe upgrading PE 2021, as this isn't their latest most up to date product.  I think you should contact customer service and see if they will provide a discount on an upgrade.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrade to macOS Monterey Version 12.0.1 I am unablte to start Photoshop Elements 2021. 

My try

1. I deleted Photoshop Elements and re-installed, nothing works.

I waited a week now and really need to work on my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted a great deal here on this. I am using, now a new PowerBook with Max 1, running macOS 12.0.1

I had a reply from PE support. This is the message:

Hi, we're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop Elements on macOS Monterey. Our product team is investigating the compatibility of Photoshop Elements 2021 on the new macOS. Meanwhile, please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop Elements is added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Photoshop Elements is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop Elements under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps. Thanks! 

I followed these instructions and my PE 2021 is working!  The above fix worked for me, hopefully it will help others.  I am grateful for support from PhotoShop Elements. I am just a little worried about upgrading to PE 2022.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news thanks for sharing this - Seems to be working for me but initially I had both elements and the actual elements editor program in the setting and the editor would not liad the old circle of doom .  Removed the editor and now it fires up ok from elements workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After two days PE has returned to problem mode for me. As before Photo Editor will not load. I can work around this by completely shutting down my computer then restarting. Then PE works as it should.

It is clear PE are working on this with Apple according to recent Adobe statement. Hopefully a fix soon.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, this is just plain garbage.  It has been TOO LONG waiting for Adobe AND Mac to address this issue.  This is not an old program - it is PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2021!  It was purchased less than a year ago, and worked fine on the previous version of the Mac OS.  On that point, Mac operating systems that have become like the Windows XP of decades ago - update the OS and nothing works.  Can't use PE, can't use my printer.  It used to be that the Mac NEVER failed to do things quickly and efficiently (when Jobs ran the company!).  What happened to the Apple of old - where did it go?  I am about to give up on your computers and go back to PCs - their OS seems to be the better choice now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping the advice provided above plus the fact that Monterey is now at 12.1 that the combo will not see me having to fork over more money or maybe completeky change my editor ..wish me luck as I plan to upgrade in the near future! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem on my M1 Pro Macbook Pro. So, I tried the method you were suggested, but it did not work.

Fortunately I have an old Macbook Air. I am going to use the PE 2021 with the old Air until Adobe fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same computer. PE is working at the moment. I usually close-down completely and wait a while then start up again and PE works as it should. I am sure the problems are linked to memory. For me at the moment everything works with this work around, not ideal but it works.

Sometimes it works as it should without any close-down. You know how it should work. I can understand why some get angry and frustrated but sounding off isn't going to help. I am sure PE are on to this and a fix/upgrade will be available. Well, I live in hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounding off isn't going to help...  What IS going to help?  I spent $100 on Photoshop Elements 2021 because my 2014 version, which did everything I ever needed it to do and worked fine, would not work on Mac's previous operating system.

Now, on the latest OS, it often doesn't work at all, and no one can tell me that restarting my computer three times to get the editor to boot up is satisfactorily "working."  I called Adobe tech support over a month ago, only to be told that they might have a solution in month or so... that was a month ago.

If Adobe wants to refund my hundred bucks, they can have their CD back.  Does this seem like good customer service to anyone?  I need PE to do the work that I do.  Adobe and Apple need to put their heads together and fix this, and Apple should not be issuing OS updates and encouraging people to install them if every time they do another program or peripheral does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to be rude. I understand, many of us are in the same place. Some of your issues you need to contact Apple and not sound-off here. 

Merry Christmas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you spent $100 on software that you didn't check on the OS requirements before you made your purchase?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't shoot the messenger! And from the UK I spent my hard earned GB £.

Happy New Year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh...  My comments are directed at ADOBE and Mac, not other users.  I want Adobe to respond to the problem.  PE 2021 functioned without issue on the Mac OS that was ONE version prior to Monterey 12.0.1 operating system (the latest).  PE 2021 was purchased because I knew it was required for the previous OS, as my PE 2014 version would not work with it.  One Mac OS version later, and now PE 2021 does not work.  Mac encourages installation of its OS upgrades because of "bug fixes" and increased functionality, but it seem that everytime the OS is upgraded now, problems like these occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines