• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move photos to different win 10 user

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Windows 10 update changed my user account name to username.000 and deleted my original name. My Photoshop elements has all my photos connected to my old user name which is now extinct. Is there a method to edit the location path in elements to point to my new windows username without having to manually have to reconnect each group of photos

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that you can still access your catalog folder, you simply need to browse to it under the new user name path.  Perhaps the easiest way to do it is to search for a file called catalog.pseXXdb where XX refers to your Elements version number.  Elements 2020 is version 18 so its database file is catalog.pse18db.  When you have located the file, double-click on it and the catalog should open in whatever version of Elements you have. 

Alternatively, use the Organizer's File>Manage Catalogs dialog to browse to the catalog folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, will try that and report back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you I have successfully reconnected files. Your advice helped by automatically choosing the correct user account but I still needed to manually browse and reconnect the majority of photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines