• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move Tool - Resizing Corners Disappeared

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop Elements 11 fairly often. Today I've signed on and I can't adjust the size of a layer. I added an image as a layer, and it is too big. I want to reduce the size and keep the proportions. So I select the layer using the Move tool. The software allows me to move the entire image, but there are no resizing corners.  What happened, and how do I fix this?

Thanks!

Ginny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file may be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note:

Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift)  immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file may be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note:

Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift)  immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to  delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements >  Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch  button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements,  all preferences are reset to default settings.

A new preferences file is created the next  time you start  Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences worked! Thank you, and thanks for such a speedy reply.

Ginny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences did not resolve the issue for me. Is there a way to edit this preference directly? I can't find anywhere to turn the bounding box on in the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be more specific as to the issue that you have encountered.

This thread goes back to Jan, 2019. Which version of the software are you using? Windows or Mac?

You can reset the tool via the tool's option bar.

Resetting the preferences file is a more broad based maneuver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, I actually was able to reset the preferences myself since my post! All good now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that it worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines