Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

New computer

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my computer and want to transfer my Organizer and PE 2020 infomation over to the new one without loosing any of the infomation.  Is possible?  Are there any special procedures for doing this transfer? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the backup and restore process described here to move your catalog and photo files on the new computer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

You don't state if you want to upgrade to PSE 2021 in the new computer.

If you want to install the existing PSE2020 on the new computer, be sure to have the installation files and your license key. You can retrieve them on your Adobe account if you have bought and downloaded them directly from Adobe.

If you install a new PSE2021 in the new computer, the restore process will recognize the catalog in the 2020 version and prompt you to 'convert' it to the 2021 format: do it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines