• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no minimize button ?

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just downloaded the PE trial, When I bring up my files to work place , i have  no minimize button to move the file to panel bin . I do have the close button .. I had PS 6 for many years so i'm trying to simulate into PE..real newbe  dummy here . thk/u,nils..

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The default mode for viewing images in more recent versions of Photoshop Elements is to view images in tabs - similar to how web browsers display multiple web pages in tabs. To navigate between images you just click on their filenames at the top of each image. To display more than one image on the screen you can use the Layout button at the bottom of the screen (just below the Photo Bin).

If you would like to revert to the older way of viewing images, you can go to Edit > Preferences > General and check the Allow Floating Windows in Expert Mode option. Now when you open an image in Expert mode the image will be in its own window (which includes a minimize button). Use the Layout button again to display multiple windows in different ways, including Default which takes you back to the tabbed view. Use the All Floating layout option to go back to Floating windows again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Thanks, have the minimize button now, but the scroll bars on side of image doesn’t move ( slide) any help on this ? I do have PE for dummies ,and it helps on some things…thk/u...nils..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nils,

The scroll bars only become active if the whole of the image cannot be seen in the documentwindow at your current zoom level.

Have a play with the Zoom Tool and see how that affects the scroll bars. You could also experiment with resizing the document window by clicking and dragging a corner or side of the document window (look for when the normal cursor changes to a double-headed arrow at the edge of the document window).

I don't tend to use the scroll bars that much; I much prefer to use the Hand Tool. You might want to have a play with that too.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hold a shift key down when zoomed in great than 100% to move the image around,  I can't even think of the last time I actually clicked on the hand / move icon.---works well for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glenn - I think you mean the Space key 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines