New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MI CORREO y número de serie

[removed by moderator]

MI EQUIPO

Elements Organizer 17.0.0.0
Versión principal: 17.0 (20180830.m.125874)
Versión de idioma: 17.0 (20180830.m.125874)

Catálogo actual:
Nombre del catálogo: Mi catálogo
Ubicación del catálogo: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\Mi catálogo\
Tamaño de catálogo: 343.1 MB
Tamaño de caché del catálogo: 1.2 GB

Sistema:
Nombre del sistema operativo: Windows 10(**)
Versión del sistema operativo: 10.0
Arquitectura de sistema: Intel CPU Familia: 6 Modelo: 14 Versión: 10 con MMX, Entero SSE, FP SSE, SSE2
Memoria incorporada: 15.9 GB
Memoria libre: 7 GB

(**) EN REALIDAD, SE TINE WINDOWS 11

PROBLEMA

Mi Catálogo en Adobe Photoshop Elemens Organizer (APEO) 2019, NO aparece en el archivo Adobe: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\Mi catálogo\, por lo tanto, no puedo usarlo para migrar la estructura de la organización del cátalogo a la nueva versión Adobe Photoshop Elements Organizer 2023.

ANTECEDENTES INMEDIATO-ANTERIORES

Diciembre 2022. Se hizo una copia de seguridad exitosa del catálogo Adobe Photoshop Elemens Organizer 2019, en disco duro externo de 1TB.

Marzo 2023. Después de añadir cientos de fotografías a APEO 2019 tras largo viaje, se intentó hacer otra copia de seguridad Incremental al mismo disco duro externo. No fue exitoso por falta espacio en dicho disco.

Al cancelar este intento de backup, las carpetas en Mis carpetas del lado izquierdo de la plantilla de trabajo del APEO, se desconectaron. Cerré y abrí el APEO. Al abrir se empezaron a cargar las fotografías de cada carpeta, pero no cargó la totalidad de las carpetas. Sin embargo, aparentemente sí aparecen las fotografías faltantes en la parte derecha en las Etiquetas en todas sus variantes.

ACCIONES / ARREGLOS INTENTADOS

1. Se hizo otra copia de seguridad del mismo catalogo en otro disco externo de 2 TB.
  2. Se ejecutó: Volver a conectar todos los archivos faltantes sin éxito, no aparecieron las carpetas faltantes del lado izquierdo.
  3. Se ejecutó la optimización y reparación del Catalogo (Actual) sin éxito.
  4. Se intentó Restaurar este catálogo sin éxito por el error: G:/B0094286
  5. Se intentó cambiar el Cache por CachOld sin éxito, porque marcaba que la aplicación estaba activa sin estarlo en realidad.

Quisiera primero recuperar el estado correcto del APEO 2019 antes de migrar todo al APEO 2023. De paso, confirmar muy bien este procedimiento.

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Greg.

Do you have any news for me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rayo.  Sorry for not responding earlier to your recent posts. 

Let me review your situation and correct me if I am wrong.

• You have Elements 2019 and Elements 2023 installed on your computer.
  • You have made several backups of your files and have apparently imported some of the files from your backups into your catalog.  The consequence has been that you have a number of duplicate files on your computer in different folder locations and there has been no consistency in which ones have been imported into the catalog.
  • You have been looking at your photos using the Folder panel tree on the left of the Organizer window.  However, you cannot find some of your files there because they are in different folder locations (or drives) on your computer.
  • You cannot import files because you are told that the files already exist in the catalog.  This is because the Organizer cannot (normally) import duplicate files.
  • However, you can find all of the files in the catalog when you do a search for them, using keyword tags or other search method. 
  • You now want to clean up the folder/file mess so that all of the photos are found in a single set of folders on a single drive.
  • You have converted the old Elements 2019 catalog to an Elements 2023 catalog and the same duplicate folder situation exists in the converted 2023 catalog.
  • You have added some new files recently because your earlier screenshots show less files than your current catalog.
  • You have not yet followed the suggestion to do a backup and restore of your catalog so that the restore can place all of the photos in a single hard drive with a unified folder structure.  As Michel has indicated previously, the folders that were on different drives will be placed on a single drive under a main folder with the drive's name.

At this point, I am not exactly sure what questions remain for us to answer.  However, it may be helpful for you to download and install a free search utility called Everything.  The software provides a much better search program than Windows and will give you a clear idea of where the duplicate files may be found.  It will also help determine where all your catalog folders are located.  In my screenshot below, you will see that I have searched for catalog.pse and I can view the complete path of all catalogs for every version of Elements on my computer.

2023.04.12_23h59m28s2 Snap 15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worriers Greg and thanks for folowing it up.

I was traveling and I just saw your text this afternoon.

I’ll read it in the next few days and get back you ASAP.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my comments below:

• You have Elements 2019 and Elements 2023 installed on your computer.
    • DO CONTROL:
      • All pictures have been always allocated in My Pictures/Imágenes/Fotos file.
      • Edited photos with Elements remain always in My Pictures/Imágenes/Fotos file, either as a copy or as “new” original.
      • Backup of My Pictures/Imágenes/Fotos file, are made one manually on an external drive (ADATA No. 1,1TB) and the other, continuously in another external drive permanently connected to my PC (Seagate Backup Plus Drive 5TB).
      • Backup of the Elements content, has been always done only in one hard drive (ADATA No. 2, 1TB) whether setting a Complete or Incremental option.  Last time I wanted to do an Incremental Backup on this HD#2, a prompt window said “not enough space” in HD#2. So, I “accepted” and the mess began: I noticed that all files on the Panel folder tree on the left side of the Organizer window looked pale/disconnected. So, I closed and re-opened the Organizer. The "import pictures" window showed up and started to scan and scan and scan for such a long time, that I decided to cancel the scanning. I think that was a mistake because reconnecting more than 44,000 picks needed much, much time.
      • Then I just did another Backup of the content of the Organiazer in another hard drive 2TB, just in case. So, I have two backups of this kind.
    • Yes.
    • Everything I´ve done with my pictures it’s been done with previous version: Elements 13 to 2019, (in different PCs). And cuold say, that sessions can be divided into two sections: The one I DO CONTROL, and the one I DO NOT CONTROL.

• You have made several backups of your files and have apparently imported some of the files from your backups into your catalog.  The consequence has been that you have a number of duplicate files on your computer in different folder locations and there has been no consistency in which ones have been imported into the catalog.
    • I agree. I had NO CONTROL on this.
  • You have been looking at your photos using the Folder panel tree on the left of the Organizer window.  However, you cannot find some of your files there because they are in different folder locations (or drives) on your computer.
    • Yes. From such Folder it that I reorganize and edit old and new fhotos.
  • You cannot import files because you are told that the files already exist in the catalog.  This is because the Organizer cannot (normally) import duplicate files.
    • Agree. It makes sense.
  • However, you can find all of the files in the catalog when you do a search for them, using keyword tags or other search method. 
    • Correct.
  • You now want to clean up the folder/file mess so that all of the photos are found in a single set of folders on a single drive.
    • Ideally, yes. Or at least, as the way in which all photos were connected.
  • You have converted the old Elements 2019 catalog to an Elements 2023 catalog and the same duplicate folder situation exists in the converted 2023 catalog.
    • Correct.
  • You have added some new files recently because your earlier screenshots show less files than your current catalog.
    • Correct. Because of me canceling that long process I mentioned above, the sistem did not have the chance to reconect them. Same thing happened with old pictures belonging to folders of late dates of every year of my collection. 
  • You have not yet followed the suggestion to do a backup and restore of your catalog so that the restore can place all of the photos in a single hard drive with a unified folder structure.  As Michel has indicated previously, the folders that were on different drives will be placed on a single drive under a main folder with the drive's name.
    • Correct. I did not do it because I did not quite understood the procedure that Michel said. And most relevant, because I thought that by Converting the Catalog from old to new, may give us other scenarios to solve the mess. It underestand now, that what Michel sugested, will soleve the mess of different photo locations. If you coulb be so kind to guide me on the Michel’s suggested procedure, I will appreciate it. After doing so, perhaps we can skip the use of the utility Everything.

What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Greg.

Help, don't abandon me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rayo, you have not been abandonned.  However, this thread has become so complex that it takes me a while to figure out where you are.  I will respond further tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you have converted your 2019 catalog and now have a working Elements 2023 catalog.  It is not clear to me whether you have already made a full backup of the Elements 2023 catalog.  If you have not yet performed such a backup, create a full backup now.

Once you have a complete backup of your Elements 2023 catalog, perform a restore of that catalog, using the Elements 2023 Organizer.  When you are asked for the location to restore the files, use the options to restore to New Location with the Restore Original Folder Structure box checked.  Create a new main folder e.g. C:\ NEW CLEAN PHOTOS FOLDER for this purpose.  You can use any drive to perform the Restore.

If the Restore process is successful, you should have a new catalog with copies of your photos under a single parent folder.  However, as Michel has noted (from memory), if the photos in your original catalog  were stored on more than one drive, they will now be located on your chosen drive but will be under new sub-folders for each original drive, something like C:\New Folder\Drive D Folder\Original Folder Name and C:\New Folder\Drive E Folder\Original Folder Name.

I am not sure whether any duplicate photos will be avoided using this method.  However, it is possible.

I will ping @MichelBParis again to see if he has any additional or different comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Restore process is successful, you should have a new catalog with copies of your photos under a single parent folder.  However, as Michel has noted (from memory), if the photos in your original catalog  were stored on more than one drive, they will now be located on your chosen drive but will be under new sub-folders for each original drive, something like C:\New Folder\Drive D Folder\Original Folder Name and C:\New Folder\Drive E Folder\Original Folder Name.

I am not sure whether any duplicate photos will be avoided using this method.  However, it is possible.

I will ping @MichelBParis again to see if he has any additional or different comments.

By @Greg_S.

I think the filtering of duplicates only happens when you download/register new files ("get files from..." where the scanned files in your drives are compared with the ones in the catalog. On the contrary the process to create a full backup scans all registered files in the catalog. If for some reasons you have already true duplicates in the catalog, they should be included in the backup folder. Same for missing files if you have not cleaned them before the backup.

I wish there were a new option in the organizer to find true duplicates in a catalog according to the two main organizer criteria: date_taken and file size in kilobytes. I suppose that would be easy to implement as it is the same process actually used to filter non duplicates. however, I understand that this might confuse a lot of typical PSE users instead of helping them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many, many thanks.

I´ll work on all this shortly.

PLEASE, what is the meaning of PSE USERS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshopelements, of course. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Greg.

I followed the given instructions, but the so called problem I've described before was not fixed.

This is what a did:

A Full backup of the Elements 2023 catalog.

In an external 2T hard drive:

Rayo_0-1684469408202.png

Name of the backup file: 2023 05 17 bkup of Elements2023

Rayo_1-1684469470318.png

I click Volver a conectar

Rayo_2-1684469537435.png

I deleted it

Rayo_3-1684469570823.png

I did the 2nd one.

Rayo_4-1684469602415.png

I click Guardar copia de seguridad

Rayo_5-1684469640148.png

The process took almost 4 hours.

Rayo_6-1684469697081.png

I click Omitir esta vez

Then, I performed a restore of that catalog, using the Elements 2023 Organizer.

Rayo_7-1684469757485.png

I used the same external hard drive used for the latest backup.

Rayo_8-1684469816985.png

I click Restaurar

Rayo_9-1684469841692.pngRayo_10-1684469853559.png

The link opens Google. I Click No Volver a mostrar and click .

The process took almost 4 hours. This window was showed up. I click OK.

Rayo_11-1684469917404.png

Should I install the above plugin?

Then, I click OK to THE RESTORATION WAS COMPLETE notice.

This happened:

Rayo_12-1684469973421.png

The file stucture on left side of the screen now is difernet and my pictures are in the new location file under the new given name but unfortunatly with the same missing files all over.

After restarting the PC, this was displayed:

Rayo_13-1684470540090.png

I will perform the Optimizar and the Reparar, and see. I´ll come back tomorrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it was fast.

After performing Optimizar and the Reparar, nothing happened. We have still the same missing material on the left side ot the file structure, while on the right side on the tag section, all pictures with tags are there, again, even if in the left side are not.

Please Greg, I will appreciate you telling me the next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Greg. 

Any thoughts about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem with the file structure is because you chose to restore the existing structure.  Since that contains duplicate file folders, the existing problem remains.  I think I would try the other option.  In other words, do not check the box:

Ashampoo_Snap_Thursday, June 8, 2023_1h19m45s.png

I will ping @MichelBParis to see whether he agrees with me about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rayo 

I am also following this discussion and trying to keep in mind all the details. The translation task is just slowing down my understanding but in the end, I can follow all your steps.

@Greg_S. 

I think the problem with the file structure is because you chose to restore the existing structure.  Since that contains duplicate file folders, the existing problem remains.  I think I would try the other option.  In other words, do not check the box:

Ashampoo_Snap_Thursday, June 8, 2023_1h19m45s.png

I will ping @MichelBParis to see whether he agrees with me about this.

By @Greg_S.

I am not sure the other options would work. I'll have to make tests and come back with the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll keep an eye on your findings, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Greg, Michel.

I´m here, lookin fordward to reading you again with your news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Greg, Michel.

I´m here, lookin fordward to reading you again with your news.

By @Rayo

HI @Rayo 

Sorry for being late on this issue;  I have just moved to a vacation home and I am now ready to test catalogs, which may still take some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted with thanks.

Enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello.

Any news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines