• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

not enough memory to save

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 64 PSE 18.  The biggest file I can save is 35k which is tiny. I have read the previous posts but none of the solutions seem to work. Suggestions?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

I believe that was bug in photoshop elements with recent versions of Windows 10 and solved by following this Adobe KB:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/integer-50-8-required-closest-value-inserted-photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Elements 2018 or Elements 2020 which is actually version 18? 

What happens when you try to save a larger file?  Do you get an error message?  Please post a screenshot if you do.

Were you ever able to save a larger file?

Without knowing more all I can suggest is that you try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 18. Error meesage see screenshot. I have a new laptop onto which I loaded PSE. I have not been able to save any file larger than 35k https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhjtr675ogkhc0b/adobe%20screen.jpg?dl=0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I have ever seen that error reported on Elements 2020 (version 18).  How much RAM do you have on your laptop?  Did you try resetting preferences?

How many layers does your image have?  In what format are you trying to save the edited image? 

Has your program been updated to the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer Ram 4 GB and I have in excess of 1 GB of free Ram. Have reset preferences though I had not changed any of them other than units. One layer for the image. Can't save in any format as the message of insuffient ram comes up before save option. Latest version installed.

No problem loading a 32MB jpg file and editing it in PSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info. I can save any size file after editing with Irfirm which pretty much confirms it is a PSE issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 2020 system requirements include 4GB of RAM but 8GB is recommended. 

Added:  I assumed that your Win 64 bit OS is Win 10.  But it is unusual to have a Win 10 computer with only 4GB RAM these days.  So, are you using an earlier OS?  Windows 7 is not supported for PSE 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly I didn't realise that the new computer only had 4gb. Plus the RAM is soldered in sio I can't add to it.

My old laptop had only 4Gb and PSE  2018 worked perfectly so there was no reason to suspect that 4GB on the new one would not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that was bug in photoshop elements with recent versions of Windows 10 and solved by following this Adobe KB:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/integer-50-8-required-closest-value-inserted-photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked like a charm. Many thanks. Job done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines