• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Multiple RAW files

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgraded to PSE 2021 on a MAC from older v14.  In previous version, when I opened multiple RAW files could apply RAW edits to all open files at one time using Select All.  I no longer see that as an option in RAW editer, can only make changes to one image at at time.  Am I missing something?     

Thank you.

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on one of the thumbnails and click Select All or press Cmd+A

sa.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I do not get the thumbnails anymore, used to with previous version of PSE. When I open multiple RAW files from Bridge 2021 using Open With ->  PSE21, each image opens in a seperate instance of the RAW editor.  I have to manipulate each individually, per first attachment.  Afewr any RAW edits, I can open each file one at a time, then they all appear as multiple tabs within PSE21.  

Noticed that if from Bridge I use "Open in Camera RAW" instead, I get the error as shown in second attachment.  Not sure if this is related.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WCH444 

We shall have to wait for a confirmation by Mac users. I don't get your issues on Win 10.

The film strip is normally displayed from the small icon on the bottom left (the one just right of the 10.7% in Jeff's screenshot).

It does not appear if a single file is opened at the same time, which seems to be the case if each image is opened in its own Bridge instance. I don't see anything like that in Windows.

About Bridge and 'Open in Camera raw' what I can say is that in previous PSE versions, if you installed Bridge with a validating subscription (PS and LR in the Photographer's plan) for instance, you had the choice to open in the full camera raw or the limited ACR version of Elements. Without such a plan, only the limited ACR version was offered.

My problem (and the same for PSE users also having a validating plan) is that with PSE2021, the Creative Cloud app is automatically opened. That makes the full ACR version recognized and automatically used. I can't test what happens to someone without a subscription.

Anyway, in that case, 'Open in camera raw' should open directly in the ACR limited version of PSE2021, even for non raw files (jpegs...) like in older versions. If opening raw files and selecting open in PSE (version 19) the raw file is normally opened in the PSE ACR limited version.

I'm sorry I can't help more with Macs and the latest Bridge + ACR behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens if you use File>Open in the pse 2021 editor?

What camera are the raw files from?

Which version of macOS are you using?

In Bridge if you select Open With>Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor 19.0 instead of Photoshop Elements 2021, does that work?

ow.png

I'm reasonably sure that in order to use Bridge>Open in Camera Raw one needs a photoshop subscription.

In fact the last photoshop elements version, as far as i know, to be able to use Bridge>Open in Camera Raw was pse 8 on the mac side, which installed it's own special version of bridge cs4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines