• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My organizer no longer opens but the editor will work. The opening screen of the organizer briefly opens but then  disappears. Is there a way to fix this?

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

Are you getting any error message?

Try pressing the Shift key while you are opening the Organizer.  This should open the Manage Catalogs dialog.  If you are able to reach this dialog, you can try to use the Repair and Optimize buttons to fix the catalog, if that has become corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thank you for getting back to me.

My computer uses Windows 10 and I am using Adobe 2019. There is no error
message that appears. I click on the organizer and it brings up the
thumbnails for a brief second and then disappears.

Marlene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

ich habe ein ähnliches Problem wie Marlene.

Ich habe eben ein Update installiert von 2021 auf 2022.

Nach der Installation wurde PSE geöffnet. Ich habe aber den Katalog nicht importieren lassen und habe das Programm beendet.

Nach dem Neustart konnte ich den Organizer nicht mehr starten. Die Farbe im Orginazer-Button fehlt auch und es erfolgt keine Reaktion.

Eine Fehlermeldung erscheint nicht. Ich benutze Windows 10.

Hast Du einen Tipp für mich?

LG

Dieter

Beste Grüße
Dieter
-----------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10, PSE 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Darlene,  did you try my suggestion of holding down the Shift key while opening the Organizer?

@dieter-lightroom, was there a reason that you did not import (convert) your old catalog?  I assume that you want to convert the 2021 catalog for use in Elements 2022.  You can do this by going to File>Manage Catalogs and clicking on the convert button.  A dialog will open that will allow you to select your old catalog.  Then click the convert button.  A copy of your old catalog will be made and renamed with a -1 suffix.  You will still be able to open the renamed catalog in Elements 2021 if you have not deleted Elements 2021 from your machine.  If this does not help, you are still covered by Adobe's support and I suggest that you contact them. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help and Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.  Unfortunately, in Europe, the Support hours of operation are limited to the normal work week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg

Yes I tried it and it still does not work. It looks like it wants to open
and stays on the screen for about 5 seconds and then closes.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@marlenem74916923 my only other suggestion is to do a complete uninstall - reinstall of the program. When you uninstall Elements, choose the option to also delete your preferences files.  (I'm not sure of the exact message language.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now uninstalled the Elements program but now it says my computer
does not have the correct OS and will not load the 2019 so as of this
moment it will not load and my pictures are quite useless.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@marlenem74916923 , please give us a screenshot of the message you are receiving.  

In the meantime, try installing the Adobe Creative Cloud application.  You don't need to purchase anything for the CC app.  However, there are some security issues that require the app to be installed in order to install some older versions of Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I finally managed to reinstall Elements 2019 however the organizer will
still not load. No error message to send you as there is no message that
comes up. The organizer screen appears for a few seconds with an embedded
screen that says there were new photos loaded since the last time it opened
and then they both disappear. Guess it's time to look for a new photo
program.

Thanks for trying to help.

M

--
Bison Tree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines